Chapter 4

Author's Note: Hey guys! Well, here's another update. I can't remember the last time I did an update back to back. Usually I wait atleast two days, but I was just really determined to write this one. So I hope you enjoy it, even though it is heartbreaking. I must say, I am surprised by your reactions from the last chapter. I was actually expecting a lot more "I feel so bad for Lou"s, but I got a lot more "He should have seen that coming". X) Either way, enjoy! --Ekat =D

---

Louis’s P.O.V.

            I can’t believe this is happening. I was relieved when Alex told me that she would forgive me over time. At least that was starting place; but when she told me that I couldn’t see little Zackary for an entire month, I thought she was kidding. Then when I saw she had a serious look on her face, reality showed up, and slapped me across the face. I watched in disbelief as she closed the door on me. I just stood there for half an hour, thinking about nothing. My mind was completely blank, and my heart was shattered. I love that kid to pieces, and knowing that I can’t see him for a month because I fucked up, broke me.

            I managed to stumble over to my car, and climb inside the driver’s seat. Minutes passed, and I was still sitting in the car. I didn’t start it yet, because I was unsure of my destination. Before this mess started, I was going to head back to my flat. But after what just happened, I couldn’t do that. The place is empty, and I don’t want to be alone right now. I decided to call the one person who could help me right now: Harry. The phone rang a couple of times, and then he answered.

            “Lou? What’s up? I thought you were babysitting Zack,” Harry questioned. Just hearing his name made me start crying. I tried to muffle the sounds of my cries, but whimpers still escaped my lips. Harry heard this, and started to panic. “Louis, is everything alright? Is Zack hurt?”

            “Zack’s fine,” I replied in a monotone. “He’s with Alex and Niall.”

            “Oh, you scared me for a second,” Harry said, letting out a sigh of relief. “Are you alright though? I can hear you crying.”

            “No, I’m not fucking alright!” I snapped. I didn’t mean to, but I’m just an emotional wreck right now.

            “Where are you?” Harry asked, his voice marked with concern.

            “Sitting in Alex and Niall’s house,” I mumbled into the phone.

            “How about you come over to my place, and we’ll take about it,” Harry offered. I nodded my head, but then I remembered that he can’t see me. God, I’m losing it.

            “Yeah, I’ll be there in five minutes,” I replied.

            “See you then Lou,” Harry said. I hung up the phone, not bothering with a goodbye. I just needed to get out of here, and get to Harry’s flat as fast as possible.

Harry’s P.O.V.

            I’m not going to lie; I was a little worried when I saw Louis calling me. I know he was babysitting Zackary tonight, and I found it a little weird that he was calling me. The only reason I know this, is because he was rubbing it in my face that he convinced Alex and Niall to let him babysit. So when he called, I had to try not to panic, and just hope this was just a friendly phone call, and not an emergency call. I was so relieved when Louis said that Zack was fine. Although, I could tell something wasn’t right from his tone. I tried pushing him to tell me, but decided to stop when he snapped at me. That just made me more curious as to why I heard him crying. Anyone could hear the small whimpers he was making, trying to cover it up. I don’t know what’s going on with him, but I know that he shouldn’t be alone right now. So, I invited him over. Whether he wants to or not, we’re going to talk about what’s bothering him.