Chapter 29

Author's Note: Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I had to put "Leave Me Alone" on hold, but the good news is that it gives me more time to write for this story. And I know that a lot of you hated that I chose the last chapter for a cliffhanger ;) but come on, you should know me by know X) Well, here's the other half, and I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think. --Ekat =)

---

Niall’s P.O.V.

            “Alex Marie Styles,” I began. “I’m already the happiest man alive with you and Zack being in my life, but will you make me even happier, and marry me?”

            As the words left my mouth, the nerves started to come back. Maybe it’s the confidence getting stronger…no, it’s the nerves. I was pretty sure/ hoping that the tears were a sign that she was going to say yes, but I wasn’t so sure when she started laughing. I should have known. She thinks I’m pathetic. I should have never listened to the boys. Why would she ever want to marry me?

            “I’m sorry, I should have never asked,” I said, trying to hold back the tears that were forming. I was trying to hide the disappointment in my voice, but when my words came out cracked, there was no hope of that. She sobered up, detecting my sadness, and grasped onto my shoulder to keep me from running away.

            “Niall, I don’t mean to laugh,” Alex stated. I could hear the honesty in her voice, but I still wasn’t sure. “It’s just a bit of a shock to think that my day started out by waking up next to an empty bed, and then trying to threaten information out of Zayn and Liam, which failed, so I had to work on pranking them, all to find out that you want to marry me.”

            She’s really something else. Here I was about to spill tears from my eyes because I thought she didn’t want to marry me, to laughing about how funny her day way. But then the thought came back to me.

            “Umm, so what do you say?” I ask nervously, still on one knee. Realization hits her face too, and she blushes.

            “I know this sounds funny, but I kind of forgot about the whole marriage of things because I feel like we’ve been together so long, that I kind of forgot our “relationship status”,” Alex said, using her fingers as quotation marks when she said relationship status. I also noticed that the same blush returned to her cheeks as she spoke. If it wasn’t for the fact that every word she spoke sounded so elegant, I would be too caught up in her beauty. “I kind of already viewed the three of us as a family, and that to me is the ultimate relationship status. With that being said, Niall Horan, nothing would make me happier than to be your wife.”

            When that last sentence left her mouth, I flew up from my spot on the ground, and wrapped my arms around her. Call it girly, but I was crying. I would never tell the guys about this of course, but this is one of the proudest moments of my life. I know so many people would bring up all of the success that I’ve had with the boys, and all of the awards that we’ve won. But in my mind, that adds up to nothing compared to what I’ve achieved with Alex. Not only have I found the girl that I’m going to spend the rest of life with, which thankfully she said yes, but she has given me the most adorable little boy that I’ve ever seen. I know it might be biased seeing as how he’s my own flesh and blood, but I don’t care. I’ll become one of those mums that stand up in front of an entire crowd, and fight off anyone that says otherwise. Okay, so Louis’ sassiness might have influenced that into me, but I would do it without a second of hesitation.

            “What do you say we get out of here?” I asked after placing a long, passionate kiss on Alex’s lips. Did I mention it was long and passionate; because it was? I can tell by the look on her face that that wasn’t what she expected me to say.