Chapter 18

Author's Note: I know that you guys are still probably recovering from the cuteness of the last chapter, but I figured you could use another ;) Anyways, there's still a bit of cuteness in this chapter, but I also tried to include some of the classic humor that you guys seem to enjoy. It makes me happy when you guys laugh at my words, because all of the humor I put into this story are a part of my real sense of humor: sarcastic, and perverted ;) Any who, I'll shut up now, and let you get back to the story. Oh, and I don't exactly know when, but I don't really see this story having more than 30 chapters.... just a warning. Nothing's final, but just putting it out there so no one can I say I never said anything.  --Ekat =)

---

Niall’s P.O.V.

            Alex and I were in the middle of eating pizza and watching a Harry Potter movie, enjoying our lazy day. Then out of nowhere, Lexi’s phone goes off. Ugh, this is supposed to be Niall and Lexi’s Lazy Day of Absolute Nothing; who dares disturb our day of alone time? When I looked over Alex, I saw light tears falling from her eyes. Oh God, not the tears. I can’t stand seeing my princess cry. I scoot closer to her, and wrap my arms around her.

            “What’s the matter Alex? Is everything okay?” I question. She doesn’t answer. Instead, she shoves her phone in my direction. I can’t help but smile at the tweet. It’s a picture of Harry holding Zack, who has a huge smile on his while looking at a giraffe. The caption says: Just like his daddy. I notice a few tears still on her face. I kiss them away, and drag her closer to me, embracing her in my arms. “Why are you crying Lex?”

            “He’s growing up so fast,” Alex responded. “He’s already four months old, and he said his first words.”

            I playfully groaned and held my head in my hands. When I looked up to see her confused face, I couldn’t help but laugh.

            “What’s so funny?” Alex asked, sticking out her bottom lip. Ugh, no, not this again.

            “Nothing,” I replied, shrugging my shoulders. “I just realized that our child is going to be scarred for life.”

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” Lexi said, faking offense.

            “Lex, you’re sitting here, crying because our son is excited, looking at a giraffe, and you’re not there with him. Let’s face it babe, whenever Zacky is going through life, and has an exciting moment, or looks like he’s about to break down and cry, you’re going to drop everything you’re doing, and run to him to coddle him, and protect him from the world,” I replied with a smirk.

            “Oh shut up,” Lexi commented, playfully smacking my shoulder with a blush creeping up on her face. “And besides, you’re not one to talk. You cried when he was having a ball at the beach in Australia.”

            “Well that was adorable, and worth a few tears,” I shot back, trying to defend myself, making Alex shake her head, and start laughing. “Don’t laugh; I’m just protecting my masculinity.”

            “What’s left of it,” I heard a voice comment. Alex and I looked at each other, and then turned around to notice Louis standing in the entryway of our kitchen. When the hell did he get here?

            “Louis, you almost gave me a frickin heart attack!” Lexi scolded, making Louis laugh.

            “Sorry Lex,” Louis apologized, but not meaning a single word of it. I can tell Lex knew he didn’t mean it either, because she rolled her eyes at him, just like I did.