Chapter 15

Author's Note: I know it's two hours early, but I just really wanted to see what you guys thought of this chapter. Plus, I think you guys deserve a treat for getting me over 700 reads on this story in under three days (the best yet :D). This chapter isn't as funny as it is serious and cute. But either way, I think it's a great chapter... is that biased seeing as how I wrote it? Eh, I don't care. X) Well, I'll let you get to reading it.... as always, let me know what you think of it, because your comments mean the world to me. --Ekat =)

---

Liam’s P.O.V.

            Today blows big-time. It sucks as it is not being able to spend the day with Dani, Niall won’t stop complaining. Actually, scratch that; he’s not complaining, he’s whining. It’s still not as bad as this morning. We decided that we were going to carpool today, and for some unknown reason, appointed Louis as the designated driver. We didn’t trust Harry to drive for obvious reasons, and we wanted to give Niall as much time as possible to say goodbye to Alex and Zack. Plus, we all wanted to see Zackary too. Can you really blame us though?

            We thought it would be a two second goodbye, and then we would head off to the studio. If only it was that easy. When we arrived at Alex and Niall’s house, they looked mopey already. I could see past Niall’s façade when he was trying to hold back tears, and be strong for Alex and Zack. Alex on the other hand, was letting a few tears fall from her eyes. There wasn’t any sobbing, just a few stray tears. It was killing me seeing them like this. When Danielle and I were separated, it was hard to move forward, and act like everything was okay. Keeping those walls up were so hard, but when Alex brought her back to the hotel in New York, my heart fluttered, like it did when we first met on X Factor. But when we separated, it was hard to believe in love. But Alex and Niall have changed my views on that. The way that they look into each other’s eyes… you can see the love inside of them. Their bodies radiate this energy that gives you faith that everything will be okay, and that you will find that special someone that you’re meant to be with forever.

            These two have found that within each other, and now they can give so much of their love to little Zackary. Looking at him was painful. It’s like he knew what was going on, and he didn’t like it one bit. You could feel the tension between Alex and Niall, and Zackary was feeding off of it. His lip was trembling, and his eyes were big, and it was obvious he was seconds away from crying. It killed Niall to say his morning goodbyes, but he knew it had to be done. But he refused to say goodbye. He told them he would see them later, because saying goodbye would imply that he wasn’t coming back.

            Unfortunately, we had to pull Niall away from Alex and Zack if we wanted to make it to the studio on time. Even though we’re almost never on time when we’re by ourselves, the girls were starting to get us on a schedule, and it seemed to be working. When we finally dragged Niall away from his family, who were in tears by the way, and got him into the car, he broke down. The entire way to the studio, we were convincing him it was for the best, and that he would see them in a few hours. No matter what we said though, I could see that Niall was still thinking about it… Zack crying for Niall when he let go, and kissed him on the forehead. To know that your son is crying for you, but you had to turn away, and walk away killed Niall. So even though we felt for him, we’re still sitting in the studio at three o’clock in the afternoon, listening to Niall whine about how much he misses Alex and Zack. Kill. Me. Now.

Niall’s P.O.V.

            That had to be one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. Usually when Zack cries, I can walk over, pick him, cuddle him for a few minutes, and he’s the happiest baby you’ve ever met. Not this time. As much as I wanted that to be the case, it wasn’t. As much as I wanted to be the father to protect my child, and tell him that I’m not going anywhere, I wasn’t able to. I was the reason for causing him to cry. And let me tell you, it sucked big time.