Chapter 30

Author's Note: Hey guys! Thankfully, the read counter has been restored, and I can see when you guys are reading my story again! =D I also want to say that even though I've put "Leave Me Alone" on hold (which killed me deeply), that I can proudly say that the ideas for this story haven't stopped. So with that in mind, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Let me know what you think! --Ekat =)

---

Alex’s P.O.V.

            I was hoping to wake up this morning, and feel extremely happy about being engaged to the man that I love. But no, Harry had to pull another one of his childish antics last night, and put on a show. He always did have a flare for the dramatics, which is probably one reason why he and Louis got along well, but this was being ridiculous. At first he was extremely supportive, and then his bipolar mood swings started kicking in when he realized that I’m taking Niall’s last name. Then to increase his childish behavior, he stomped up the stairs of my house, and if I recall correctly, slammed the door to the guest bedroom. He has no idea how lucky he is that Zackary stayed sleeping. If he would have woken my baby, up he would have had a very angry mother bear to deal with. Nobody messes with my cub, and gets away with it.

            “Good morning beautiful,” the husky morning voice that I love hearing sounded from my side. I turned my head to my side, and saw my amazing fiancé looking down at me with tired eyes from just waking up. Niall wrapped his protective arms around me, and pulled me onto his chest so that I was lying on top of him. I swear, once you’re on top of Niall, nothing else will ever be as comfortable. Okay…pushing all dirty thoughts aside, and resisting the urge to pounce on him, and have a little morning fun. Instead, I lay my head on top of his chest, and snuggle up into his protective hold. “So how are you feeling love?”

            “I’m fine,” I lied. I looked up at Niall, and saw that he saw through my whole charade.

            “Babe, you know I can see right through your lies,” Niall smirked at me. Damn him for knowing me so well. Although I can’t really complain because I know I wouldn’t be happy if he couldn’t tell when I was lying. I don’t care what any girl says; if she tells you that she likes to hide her feelings away from people, don’t believe her. That just means she’s looking for that one special person who can read her like a book. That one person that can look in her eyes, and break every wall down that she’s ever built. When you finally find that one person, you feel better than having peace on Earth. It means you’ve found your other half.

            “Okay fine,” I admit, letting out a huff of air, making him chuckle. But since I’m lying on his chest, I start bouncing up and down, making me laugh too. “I really have the urge to walk over to him, and smack the living shit out of him.”

            “Alex,” Niall fake scolds, poking me on the nose. “He’s still your brother.”

            “Yeah, my brother that’s being a complete ass,” I mutter, but I know he’s heard me.

            “That may be so, but he’s still your only brother,” Niall points out, and I know he’s right. “Tell you what; you go wake Zackary up, and feed him breakfast, and I’ll talk to Harry. I already told the guys I would. He and I need to have a talk, and now’s as good a time as any.”

            “Okay, you do that,” I said, nodding my head against his strong, firm chest. “Just know that we’re still going to get married, despite what he says. So you go ahead and talk to my brother while I feed the human garbage disposal’s son.

            “You have to get up though love,” Niall laughs at me, ignoring my comment about being a human garbage disposal, but his laughter only causes me to hold on tighter.