Chapter 16

Author's Note: Wow; over 1000 new reads in the last three days on this story alone. It makes me excited to see that this story is finally getting the same attention that "We Found Love" used to get while I was still writing it. Speaking of that story.... 75,000 reads. You guys are incredible. Just knowing that other Directioners love my stories brings me such joy. To receive amazing compliments, saying that I should definitely become a published author, and that some readers enjoy this story more than "The Hunger Games" blows my mind. Hopefully, you enjoy this chapter too. Let me know what you think! --Ekat =D

---

Liam’s P.O.V.

            The boys and I were listening to Niall whisper on the phone, talking to Zack. It was quite obvious that he had no idea that we were behind him, snooping in on his conversation. He should know that there’s no privacy or secrets between the five of us. I couldn’t help but smile at the back of Niall’s head when he was talking to Zack. All of the comforting, loving words that he was whispering into the phone were the exact words that any and every child deserves to hear. I get a sense of being a proud father when I hear and see all of the things that he’s supposed to do. Not that I do it on purpose, but I guess this makes me live up to my “Daddy Direction” title. Niall is already an amazing father, and I can’t wait to watch him and Zack as the years progress. I hope he knows that he can count on the boys and I for anything, no matter how immature they may seem sometimes. We all care very much for that boy, and would do anything for him.

            I snapped out of my trance when I saw Niall hang up the phone, and turn around. His face showed a look of shock that we were watching him. The fact that he thinks we wouldn’t be watching him makes me want to laugh.

            “God, you guys are so nosy,” Niall says, throwing the phone back to Lou; but I can see that blush that he’s trying to hide. Aww, Daddy Nialler’s embarrassed.

            “What’s the matter Niall, don’t you love us, and want to hold us tight ‘til we fall asleep in your arms?” Zayn teases, poking Niall in the stomach. Niall pouts before storming off out of the break room with a deeper shade of blush on his cheeks. Great, way to go guys; now we’re going to have a pissy leprechaun on our hands. I shoot a glare in Zayn’s direction, and follow Niall after Zayn throws his hands up in surrender. Now I have to go, and calm Niall down so we can finish work for the day.

Niall’s P.O.V.

            Why do they have to tease me like that? I know it’s only small banter, but it just gets to me sometimes. Why I let it affect me like this I’ll never know. I guess it’s that when I think of Alex and Zack, I feel all tingly on the inside. The feeling makes it way to my heart, and warms me up inside. So when people joke around, and try to embarrass me about my feelings, I take it the wrong way,

            When I stormed out of the break room, I heard footsteps behind me, only making me want to run faster. I snaked me way through the corridors, hoping to lose whoever it was that was following me. I just wanted to be alone right now to collect my thoughts. Finally stopping, I realized that I was in the restroom. I walked over to the sink, and turned the water on. My hands ran under the water, and I splashed water in my face, trying to wash away all of frustration from a few minutes ago.

            “You know he was just kidding around Niall,” I heard Liam say from behind me. Damn, I thought I lost him… assuming that he was the one that followed me. Who am I kidding? Of course he’s the one that followed me. I turned around to face him, and let out a sigh.

            “I know I overreacted Liam, I just feel protective of them lately,” I admitted, looking at the ground. When I heard Liam chuckle, I looked up to see what was so funny.