Chapter 27

Author's Note: I know I said that the proposal might be in this chapter...but I lied :P I know, I know; but it will be in the next chapter =D It's not going to be anything big, but it will be sweet, subtle, and romantic... just like the rest of their relationship. Please have tissues prepared ahead of time, because I will not be responsible for not warning you ahead of time X) So, I was told that the reads will be fixed within the next 24-48 hours, so let's hope. Still, until then, if you read the chapter, and you like it, vote/comment to let me know. Thank-You so much! --Ekat =)

---

Niall’s P.O.V.

            I walked downstairs after…relieving myself, and saw the girls came back downstairs, and Alex was dressed in clothes that she wears for a lazy day: t-shirt and sweatpants. She still looked amazing, which is pretty hard in a basic shirt and baggy pants, but she does it flawlessly. I sit down next to her, and I wrap my arms around her waist. Although, something feels off; almost like someone’s watching me. I turn my head, and look at each of our friends, and find that Liam is staring at me. No, he’s not staring at me; he’s glaring at me.

            “What’s with the glare?” I ask, turning all attention on me and Liam.

            “Get over right now,” Liam says, ignoring my question, and pointing to the seat next to him.

            “Why?” I whine. I don’t want to get up and leave Alex. “Lexi is so comfy…and I’m too lazy to move.”

            “Niall,” Liam says with a warning look. Geez, what crawled up his ass and died?

            “What?” I asked with an innocent voice.

            “Now,” Liam says, snapping his fingers. Really Liam, snapping your fingers? Since when is he so demanding? I let out a sigh, and kissed Alex on the cheek before getting up and joining Liam on the other side of the room.

Liam’s P.O.V.

            I watched as Niall got up, and slowly made his way over to me on the other side of the room. He sat down next to me, and started pouting. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes. Before we met Alex, the boys used to complain about how lovesick I would be without Danielle, but now I think it’s safe to say that Niall’s the worst. She’s on the other side of the room, and already upset that he’s not holding her in his arms.

            “Niall, stop pouting,” I tell him, nudging his shoulder. He just sighs, and sinks lower into the couch.

            “Why do I have to sit over here?” Niall asked, looking up at me with the eyes of a child. I sighed, knowing that he was going to be embarrassed by the answer; but it’s for his own good. When I looked around, I noticed that everyone else was looking at me, waiting for an answer. Apparently, this was the most fascinating thing going on in the room. But because I know Niall wouldn’t want the others to hear, I leaned in to him so I could whisper into his ear.

            “Because the last time you were around Alex, you almost spilled the surprise, and then had to “take care of yourself” because of your lack of self-control,” I said, making Niall blush.

            “I can’t help it,” Niall defended. “Have you looked at her? She’s incredibly gorgeous, and did you see the way she looked in those skin tight clothes? Ugh, the things that I would have done.”

            “Hey, pay attention, and keep it in your pants,” I said, snapping my fingers in front of his face, trying to gain his attention. I swear, this boy has the attention span of a gnat when it comes to anything except for Alex and Zackary... especially Alex. But, I love him like a brother, and that’s all that matters. “And don’t talk about Alex like that; she’s like a sister to me.”