4. Her

I hadn't allowed myself to be alone with Logan for the past few days, I needed time to compose myself after what happened... well, nearly happened, on Monday. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe that wasn't going to happen and I'm just seeing what I want to see instead of reality.

At least it's Thursday, so close to the weekend I can taste it. 

I made my way to my office, pushing the thoughts out of my head. I have got to finish today's lesson planning. 

As I was approaching my office door I became aware of a presence behind me. It felt like a magnet was trying to pull me back.

"Peggy." 

I smiled as I realised what that magnet thing was, it was my Logan senses. I should've known.

"What did I tell you?" I said, trying to stop the heat from travelling to my face. 

"There's no one about." She grinned.

I opened the door, pausing before going in to talk to Logan, "I know you're avoiding class."

"Yeah, I didn't wanna do PE." She shrugged.

"I don't blame you." I always hated PE.

"Wanna hang out?" She asked.

I had to think about it for a second. On the one hand, I would love to but if someone saw her in my office, she'd get in trouble for skipping her lesson.

"Come back after the bell." I smiled.

Logan nodded and I entered my office, closing the door behind me. 

Do I have a bloody Logan sensor now? What have I gotten myself into? This is bad... I mean it explains why I keep bumping into her all the time. 

Like yesterday, for example, she happened to be walking the back way to school just as I had parked the car so we ended up walking into school together. And last week, I stopped to let her cross the road. Pretty normal right? Except this road was five miles from here... Five miles!

Why did I have to meet her here? What did I do to piss the universe off this badly? I hate this job. I shouldn't say that... I love this job, I just hate that it puts me in this position. 

I could always transfer out of here, take a different job at a different school. Then I wouldn't have this problem... 

No, I don't need to do that. Nothing has happened and I won't let anything happen. I need to put some distance between us.

The bell rang and I waited for Logan. I've got to set some boundaries. 

As soon as she arrived I opened the door, pulling her inside.

"Steady on Love."

See this is what I mean,  "Love?" Logan gave me the most innocent look, she's so sweet, "Whatever." I dismissed.

So much for setting boundaries... One look and it all goes out the window.

"What's the matter?" She asked, clearly noticing my uneasiness.

"I hate my job sometimes," I said bitterly.

I couldn't stop staring at her, her face is just so... perfect. Why? Why does she get to be so perfect? I don't understand any of this.

"Why?" She said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Because it puts me in impossible positions."

"It'll be alright, I'm sure you'll figure it out. You're smart like that init."

I think that was a compliment, "I'm glad you think so." I sighed.