7. Get Out

Today really couldn't get any worse.

First of all, this jumper was a very poor decision. I am overheating in it.

Secondly, Max has decided to give me hell by throwing paper at Logan on the very scarce occasion I wasn't looking at her.

It's times like these I wish Logan would just deal with it herself instead of me having to get involved. 

I'm afraid this time I'll just have to take matters into my own hands.

I'm really going to regret this, aren't I?

"Right I've had enough of you two!" I shouted, directing my anger towards Max.

I would have just given them both detention if it weren't for Max giggling to herself.

"Get out," I ordered. 

"But Miss..." Max pleaded.

"Out. Now." I said, pointing at the door to which Max soon exited via.

I'm not looking forward to this bit...

"You to Logan," I said, significantly less confident than before.

"What! Why?" She protested.

"Now."

"Fine whatever." 

Logan gathered her stuff and left as quickly as she could.

I've really fucked it now haven't I.

Good job this lesson will be over soon and I can go and speak to them both.

After class was over I made my way down to isolation, knocking on the door to their box and swiftly entering.

"Max you can go, do not throw paper in my class again."

"Want me to wait outside?" Max asked Logan.

"Nah it's alright. I'll see you tomorrow Max." She said, fist-bumping her friend.

"I apologise for having to kick you out."

She just pretended I wasn't there.

"Logan." She sighed. "Look, I couldn't just send one of you."

She raised her eyebrow in response, not bothering to look at me.

"I have to set an example otherwise everyone will start acting up."

I stood aside as someone opened the door, "Gray, you can go now."

Logan stood up, "Thanks" She replied before finally turning her attention to me, "Mhm."

She walked out the door, leaving me standing there with my stomach in my throat.

I quickly left, trying to get to my office as quickly as possible to avoid having to face the guilt I felt.

I had only been in there for a few minutes before I heard a knock on the door, "Come in." I called out.

To my surprise, it was Logan, "You good?" She said bluntly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied.

"No, you're not."She said, closing the door behind her and leaning on my desk.

I sighed, realising she was right.

"Look I get why you did it. Even though I didn't do shit, you could've been nicer about it though." She said semi sarcastically.

I processed the situation for a minute before responding,  "I know, I don't think I should've even done it to be honest."

"Hey, you did what you had to. End of story. Yes, you pissed me off but when do you not." Logan placed her hand in mine.

I would usually be over the moon about this but I'm more focused on the, 'pissing her off' thing.

"I piss you off?" I asked confused.

"Oh yeah, all the time."

Oh, well that's just lovely isn't it?

"I'm joking, I don't actually feel like that." She smiled.

"How do you actually feel?"

I'm not sure exactly what I'm expecting out of this question...

"About what?"

I shuffled in my seat, questioning why I'm even asking her this.

"Well... About me?"

"I'm not sure I can answer that one."

My heart sank immediately. She probably just doesn't want to offend me again.

"Or do you not want to answer it? Hmm?" I said raising my eyebrow sarcastically, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"Well if I did it would make things very complicated." She replied.

I sighed, not fully knowing what she meant by that but realising my answer would be the same.

"I know." 

"I'll tell you what though, you got a good shout on you. Could send everyone running." She said.

"Really? Did I scare you?"

"Well you made me jump but as soon as I looked at you I was fine." She shrugged

"What do you mean as soon as you looked at me! Am I not scary looking?"

I can be scary... Right?

"Pelessaria you're too sweet to be scary. Plus you couldn't scare me off even if you came at me with a knife."

"You think I'm sweet?"

"I do indeed." She smiled.

That might be the nicest thing Logan's ever said to me and I'm about to ruin it.

"What about now."

I made my most intimidating expression.

"Nope still sweet."

Shit... 

I tried harder to look scary.

"Still sweet."

Fuck sake, this is ridiculous. I can be intimidating.

"You are the sweetest human I have ever met."

That time I wasn't even trying. I crossed my arms, sulking a tiny bit.

"Aww, it's okay Peggy I'm sure you're scary to something... Maybe ants?" 

I'm gonna mark her down for that.

"You are so mean." I scoffed.

"I'm sorry Peggy, you love me really."

You don't even know the half of it, Logan...

"Unfortunately."

"Right you. I'm going home because I want food." She said, breaking my tiny little heart yet again.

"It's okay I'll come to see you tomorrow."

I smiled at that, "You better."

"By the way, you look great in that jumper." She smirked, looking me up and down.

Is she checking me out right now?

Oh god, I'm blushing...

"Really?"

Logan just nodded at me, confirming her statement.

I grinned, "Thank you."

"Hey, are you gonna be okay?"

"I will now." I smiled.

"Good, I'll see you later." She said, waving goodbye.

"Bye Logi," I mumbled, shyly.

Looks like this jumper was a good decision after all.