- ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴇʟꜰᴛʜ ʟᴀʙᴏʀ.

— ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴇʟꜰᴛʜ ʟᴀʙᴏʀ

 ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴇʟꜰᴛʜ ʟᴀʙᴏʀ.

Wendy puts on the kettle for a nice cup of tea while keeping her eyes carefully on Presley. The girl was reading an old, withered book that Wendy didn't recognise. Perhaps she picked it up from the library, she gathers and decides not to question it. Her hands were shaking as she puts down two cups on the coffee table. Presley looks up for a moment and mutters a thank you. Wendy blushes and turns around before she notices it. Starting this conversation was turning out to be much more difficult than she had thought it to be. 

"Hey, is something going on?" Wendy spins around to see Presley looking up from her book. Her blue eyes were piercing and questioning, one eyebrow cocked into an inquisitive expression. "Uh, w-why do you ask," the Darling girl counters. "First the blushing and darting away of your eyes and now the stuttering?" She puts her book down on the table and rests her chin on her hands. "Okay, tell up."

Wendy slowly approaches the chair and sits down. Her hands were nervously smoothening out the non-existing wrinkles of her skirt. Presley keeps her gaze locked on her best friend. She wonders what was going on with her to make her so flustered. Did she do something? Had she said something wrong? A feeling of self doubt was starting to build up inside her. Was she really going to lose the only friend she had left, the one she fought so hard to get back to when she was still in the Enchanted Forest?

"Presley.. have you ever felt like you wanted to spend every minute of every day with someone? To have someone you can always rely on, to always have a shoulder where you can cry or vent whenever you need?" Presley leans back in the seat. Sure, she has had people in her life who she trusted, but usually that ended up in sadness and grief. They left her, they abandoned her at her hardest moments.. or they died. The only person not to have done so by now was Wendy. "Uh, sure. Though that tends not to end well for me," she responds, chuckling awkwardly at the end.

Wendy did not know what to say either and an uncomfortable silence settles in the room. The frizzy haired girl tries another attempt to start a conversation. "Have you ever been in love, Presley?" The taller girl frowns at the question. "There were a few.. though it was just silly crushes. Nothing that lasted long."

But Wendy did not give up. She was finally getting some answers from her. Now she just needed to build towards what was actually on her mind. "But what did you feel for those people?" 

Presley leans back and sighs. These questions were getting kind of intimate and personal. "Ugh, I don't know. I just.. liked them. Whatever they did could not be considered wrong because it was them doing it. I had to laugh at every silly joke, even the bad ones, because it was that person who delivered it and you just want them to be happy. I thought about them even when they were not around and wanted to be with that person. Does.. does that answer your question?"