"follow a teenager around"

"Laura?" Savannah called out as she wandered through the woods

"Laura?" Savannah called out as she wandered through the woods. The woman had called her in a panic, telling her to meet them in Beacon Hills, hanging up without any other information. Savannah, not knowing where to meet her, went to the only place she could think of, their burnt house. She tugged her black leather jacked closer to her body as she approached the house. A sinking feeling filled her stomach when she got closer. But before she could take another step, someone dove into her side and knocked her to the muddy forest floor. She grunted in pain as she hit the ground. Her body quickly went into fight mode, the same red hue of her magic filling her eyes. The red wisps of energy seemingly appeared from nowhere as she lifted her attacker off of her and held them above her just long enough to get back up. Just as quickly, she dropped her attacker back on the ground where she previously was. She was about to fight back before she recognized who her attacker was.

"Derek?" she questioned, staring at the man in front of her. The energy soon disappeared along with the red in her eyes as she helped him off the ground.

"Sav," he greeted back, nodding at the girl with a straight face.

Savannah blinked at him a joking glare on her face as she looked at her best friend. "Try again," she stated.

Derek rolled his eyes before speaking, "Hi Savannah, I missed you," he said sarcastically, pulling her into a hug.

"That's more like it. Hi Derbear," she smiled, hugging him back. "So why am I here? Where's Laura?" she asked.

But Derek just shook his head, looking down in sadness.

"Derek?" she asked again, growing more worried by the second. "Where is Laura?"

"She's dead," he mumbled.

"She's what?" she gasped, stumbling back a few steps. Her hand flew to her mouth as tears welled up in her eyes.

"She's dead. She came here before I came back and she was sawed in half," he said sadly.

"Hunters?" Sav asked.

"Maybe. But there were bite marks. I think there's a new alpha," the wolf explained.

"Oh Der, are you okay?" Sav asked, putting a hand on one of his crossed arms in comfort.

"Yeah. I'm fine-" Derek said before he was cut off by the sound of someone in the woods. Both adults turned their heads to closely listen to the voices. They started walking toward the voices, slowly and silently.

"You know what? I actually think I've heard of this. It's a specific kind of infection," the first boy said to his friend as their steps crunch the leaves beneath them.

"Are you serious?" the second one asked, the adults heard his heart rate pick up in worry as he asked.

"Yeah. Yeah. I think it's called lycanthropy," he said jokingly. Sav and Derek shared a glance as they walked closer to the boys.

"What's that? Is that bad?" the second one asked, his heart rate speeding up even more.

"Oh, yeah. It's the worst. But only once a month," the boy continued.

"Once a month?"

"Mm-hmm. On the night of the full moon," he stated before howling like a wolf. Savannah looked over to see Derek rolling his eyes as they got close enough to see the boys. The first boy had a buzzcut and was clearly twitchy. The second one had longer floppy hair but there was a smell to him. A smell the adults would know anywhere. The smell of a freshly turned werewolf.

"There's no way," Sav mumbled in disbelief to Derek who let out a breath of annoyance. Another responsibility added to their plates.

"Hey you're the one who heard a wolf howling!" the buzzcut boy defended, turning their attention back to the teens.

"Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me!"

"I know! You're a werewolf! Rawr!" he joke before getting serious at his friend's annoyed look. "Okay, obviously I'm kidding. But, if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's cause Friday's a full moon." He stopped talking when his friend stopped in his tracks, looking at the ground surrounding them.

"No, I-I could have sworn this was it. I saw the body, the deer came running. I dropped my inhaler..." the floppy-haired boy trailed off. Savannah reached into the pocket of Derek's leather jacket and pulled out the inhaler the boy was talking about. She snickered to herself before slipping it back into his pocket.

"Maybe the killer moved the body?" buzzcut suggested.

"If he did, I hope he left my inhaler. Those things are like eighty bucks," he pointed out. The teens kept looking around until the boy with a buzzcut looked up and saw Derek and Savannah staring at them. He quickly nudged his friend who looked up and saw the two brooding adults.

"What are you doing here?" Derek asked the two as he and Sav stood side by side with their arms crossed. The teens stared at the two in shock, not speaking in fear. "This is private property," Derek spoke again.

"Sorry, man. We didn't know," buzzcut responded finally. But the adults' attention wasn't on him but instead his newly turned friend.

"Yeah, we were just looking for something but..." the second boy spoke up but stopped speaking under Derek's glare. "Uh, forget it," he said. Derek waited for a minute and threw the boy his inhaler back. He turned, guiding Sav back in the direction of the burnt house but the two were still listening to the boys who were finding their way back to their car.

"Um.. All right. Come on. I gotta get to work," the teen-wolf said to his friend.

"Dude that was Derek Hale!" the buzzcut boy exclaimed. When his friend didn't respond, he continued. "You remember right? He's only like a few years older than us."

"Remember what?"

"His family. They all burned to death in a fire like ten years ago," the spaz exclaimed. Sav slid her hand into his comfortingly knowing the last surviving member of his family was comatose.

"I wonder what he's doing back..."

"And I wonder who the chick is," the friend continued.

"Who knows dude."

///\\\

"Hey Der?" Sav called out. She was laying on the floor of what was in the living room of the Hale house, playing with a ball of red energy in her hands.

"What Sav?" he asked, walking toward the girl.

"What are we gonna do about the new beta?" she asked.

"I doubt he's a problem. He's 16," Derek responded.

"And how are we gonna kill the new alpha?" she asked.

"I'm not sure yet."

Savannah suddenly sat up, looking right at Derek who was stood above her. "I have an idea."

"Continue," Derek prompted the girl.

"We use the kid. The new alpha obviously turned him so we can use the new beta to find the alpha," Sav explained.

"That's... not bad," he nodded.

"But that means we have to follow a teenager around," Sav grumbled in annoyance.

"That sounds like hell," Derek agreed.