"close it, scott"

"Get in," Derek demanded Scott as he pulled up outside the school

"Are you serious? You did that. That's your fault," Scott retorted. Savannah turned to look at Derek with her brows raised, she knew he would refuse.

"I know that. Now get in the car and help us," Derek repeated.

"No, I've got a better idea. I'm gonna call a lawyer because a lawyer might actually have a chance of getting him out before the moon goes up," the teen exclaimed.

"Not when they do a real search of the house," Derek responded.

"What do you mean?"

"Scott, whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse-- a lot worse," Savannah told the teen. "Just get in the car so we can show you," her eyes pleading with him.

///\\\

"If Isaac didn't kill his father, who did?" Scott asked following behind the two.

"We don't know yet," Sav answered.

"Then how do you know he's telling the truth?" he pressed.

"Because I trust my senses," Derek answered.

"It's a combination of them-- not just your sense of smell," Savannah eyed the boy.

"You guys saw the lacrosse thing today..." Scott mumbled.

"Yep," she nodded, glancing around the house.

"Did it look that bad?"

"Yeah," Derek answered, grabbing Scott's shoulder.

"You wanna learn? Let's start now," Derek opened the door to the basement. As he opened the door, pain rushed through Savannah's head, making her wince. Derek glanced at the girl, but she just shook her head and once again shined her flashlight in front of them.

"What's down there?" Scott shined his flashlight down the stairs and slowly crept down.

"Motive," Derek answered.

"And what am I looking for?"

"Follow your senses."

"What happened down here?" the teen asked, taking in the things that lurked in the darkness of the basement.

"The kind of thing that leaves an impression," Derek answered. The two adults watched as Scott traced his fingers down scratch marks littering the ground.

Derek suddenly turned his flashlight on, Savannah was standing behind him as he spoke to Scott, "Open it," he demanded. Savannah was unable to speak, the pain in her head growing the closer she got to the freezer.

"Ah," Savannah winced, forcefully grabbing onto Derek's arm and squeezing tightly trying to find anything to release the pain she felt. "Close it," Savannah mumbled.