"promise?"

"What are you doing to them? Is that gonna kill them?" Allison asked as she took in the electrical wires connected to the supernaturals

"Oh, come on, kiddo. Don't get all ethical on me now," Kate complained exasperatedly.

"What is he?" the teen asked, approaching the shifted Derek.

"Shapeshifter. Lycan. Werewolf. To me? He's just another dumb animal," Kate laughed as she turned up the volts on Derek again.

"Come here--" Kate opened Derek's mouth, "See these right here? These are canines, also known as fangs. Made for the tearing and rending of flesh. Not something you'd find on those cute, leaf-eating herbivores, is it?"

"What about her?" Allison asked, turning to the half-asleep witch.

"Her! Savannah Ray," Kate tisked. "Always had it out for me." Savannah glared at the woman.

"What is she?" Allison asked again.

"Oh. She's a witch. Strongest known to man. And the last one remaining in Beacon Hills," Kate fake pouted and grabbed Savannah's face roughly making Derek growl at her.

"Still as protective as ever, good to know," Kate said with a smirk, throwing Savannah's head back down. "Doesn't matter because once I'm done with her, I'll be famous. The hunter who made the witched go extinct," Kate dreamed.

"This is a joke to you?" Allison questioned assertively.

"Sweetheart," Kate laughed, "There are Werewolves running around in the world. Everything's a joke to me. How else do you think I stay sane?"

"So, it was him at the high school? And all the other animal attacks?" the teen asked.

"There's actually three of them--" Kate corrected. "Another younger one like him called a Beta, and then there's the Alpha. Alpha's the pack leader-- bigger, stronger, nastier. Those are the real ugly motherfuckers."

"When were they gonna tell me?" Allison demanded once her and Kate left.

"They still haven't decided if they're gonna tell you..." Kate's voice trailed off.

"Der...?" Savannah spoke softly.

"Yeah?" he responded, equally as drained.

"We need to add another mark to the tally," she joked.

Derek lightly chuckled, "Yeah we do Savvy."

They stayed silent for a moment before Derek spoke again.

"How do you feel? Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine for the most part. I got mistletoed though so I can't get us out of this one. She's not as dumb as I remember."

"Don't worry," Derek chucked again, "We'll get out."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

///\\\

Derek hung tiredly on the chains as Kate searched through his and Savannah's jackets, "Come on, Derek. He killed your sister. Now, either you're not telling me because, well, you want to kill him yourself... or, for some reason, you're protecting him."

Kate laughed as she approached Derek with his ID photo in hand, "Look at that sour face. I bet you always used to get people coming up to you saying, "Smile, Derek!" "Why don't you smile more?" Don't you just wanna kick those people in the face?"

"I can think of one..." Derek said irritably, keeping an eye on Savannah in the corner of the room who as far as Kate assumed was asleep.

"Promise?" Kate asked amused. "Cause if I thought you'd be that much fun, I'd let you go." She sighed and grabbed his phone. "All right, let's see... Nothing... nothing... nothing... God, I hate this detective crap."

Derek sighed, "Are you gonna torture me, or are you just gonna talk me to death, huh?"

"Oh, sweetie, I don't-I don't wanna torture you. I just wanna catch up! Remember all the fun we had together?" she giggled. Savannah pulled quietly at the cuffs on her hands. She winced in pain as the metal rubbed against her wrists, but she kept pulling, hoping to draw blood.

"Like the time you burned my family alive?" Derek questioned angrily.

"No, I was thinking more about the hot, crazy sex we had... But, the fire thing? That was fun, too. I love how much you hate me. Remember how this felt?" Kate licked up Derek's torso but he roared in response.

"Sweetheart... I really don't want to torture you..." she whispered, turning toward the opening door. "But he does," she motioned to the man coming in. Kate grabbed her stuff from the table before approaching the man. "Start with the girl, that's his weak spot," she said with a smirk before walking out of the cellar.

Savannah raised her head slightly in response. She tiredly made eye contact with Derek and shook her head.

///\\\

By the time Kate got back, Savannah was covered in wounds that are yet to heal. The mistletoe in her system restricting her from doing so. The hunter that had been torturing them had been smart enough to know not to draw blood because she would quickly overpower him.

"Unfortunately you two," Kate said boredly. "If you're not gonna talk... I'm just gonna have to kill you. So, say "hi" to Laura for me." She reached for the voltage knob before stopping. " ...You did tell her about me, didn't you? The truth about the fire? ...Or did you? Did you tell anybody? What about your best friend? Did you not tell Savannah?"

"Tell me what?" She groaned.

"Oh, sweetie... That's just a lot of guilt to keep buried. It's not all your fault. Tell her Derek!" Kate laughed. "Tell her all about how the handsome young werewolf mistakenly fell in love with a super hot girl who comes from a family of werewolf hunters. Isn't that ironic?"

"You told her about us?!" Savannah exclaimed. Derek glanced at her in surprise before quickly understanding. Of course, Savannah knew, she was the first one he told. She's acting for Kate. He could smell the blood from her wrists, she was almost out. The longer she keeps Kate entertained, the longer they survive.

"Oh, poor Savannah. Always second place. I miss our old competitions for attention. It was a fun time. But Derek, isn't it ironic that you're inadvertently helping me track down the rest of the pack-- again? Or, is it just a little bit of history repeating?" she asks, coming to a realization. "History repeating..." she says again. "It's not Jackson, is it? Oh, no, no, no... he's got a little scratch on the back of his neck, but... he's not in love with Allison... Not like Scott."

Kate's eyes widened in realization and turned to her table. But as her back was turned, Savannah's head raised and Derek saw her eyes turn red.