"save it"

"Der what are we gonna do?" Savannah asked, walking into the living room of her apartment where her best friend was sitting

"I don't know," he grumbled.

"Well do you have an idea who you think it is?" Sav asked.

"Maybe." 

"Well, who?" she pushed.

"You're not gonna like it," Derek told her.

"Derek. Tell me," Savannah glared. 

"Deaton."

Savannah's eyes widened as her expression turned angry. "Deaton? Alan Deaton? The vet?!" she exclaimed. 

"He knows something!" Derek yelled back. "And I'd rather prevent something horrible from happening!" 

"It's not him! I've known that man almost my whole life! There is no way he is out there every night killing people!" Savannah argued. 

"How do you know that Savannah?! It's not like you're watching him 24/7! And I know that because you're always with me! Always following me around!" 

"Excuse me?!" Savannah stared at him. "I am not following you around! I'm always saving your ass! You keep making stupid decisions and I have to clean up the mess! I'm tired of it Derek! Just decide if you want me around at all!"

"You know what Savannah? Fine. I'll leave you out of it! So you can go, live your life away from all this shit. You don't need to help anymore," Derek glared back before leaving her apartment with the slam of her front door. 

Sav watched the closed door with sadness in her eyes. Tears welled up in her eyes before she collapsed on the couch, breathing heavily. 

///\\\

"Is he still not here?" Deaton asked Savannah when he saw her sitting in the chair in his exam room. 

"Nope," she shook her head, her mind still focused on her fight with Derek earlier that day.

With an annoyed huff, Deaton pulled out his phone and called his employee, "Scott, you're late again. I hope this isn't getting to be a habit."  After a moment of silence, Deaton looked up to see Derek standing in the doorway, clearly shaken.

"Can I help you?" the vet asked. At his words, Savannah looked up too, seeing him standing there made her heart rate pick up and she didn't know why.

"Hope so. I want to know about the animal you found with the spiral on its side?" Derek asked.

"Excuse me? What animal?" Deaton questioned, lying to the wolf.

"Three months ago. The deer," Derek continued. "You remember this?" he asked, holding up a photo of a deer with the triskele spiral carved into its side.