"you don't wanna know"

"Damnit," they heard Scott mumble as he walked through the parking garage

"Damnit," they heard Scott mumble as he walked through the parking garage. Savannah was floating close to the top of the garage, hiding from Scott because Derek decided now would be a perfect time to start training Scott. And his idea of training? Scaring the boy. 

They watched as he walked around the parking garage, struggling to find where he parked his car. Savannah sighed in relief when the boy finally pulled out his keys and beeped the car. He was about to follow the sound when the milk rolled out of his shopping bag and under a car.

 "Oh, crap!" he said, chasing after the bottle. Once he looked down for the bottle, it had been rolled back to him. With claw marks indented in the side. After hearing a roar, Scott ran away from what he thought was the alpha. He ran down to the level below, consistently checking behind him to see how far the "alpha" was. 

He sat against a large truck he found, taking deep breaths to slow his racing heart rate that would tell the "alpha" where he was. Once he realized his heart rate wouldn't slow down, he made a smart move and jumped onto a group of cars, making the alarms go off. Once he was sure his heartbeat was covered, he hid behind a new section of cars. He was calming down, thinking he was safe, until his phone started ringing.

"No. No, stop!" Scott whispered as he tried to silence the phone. While he was fidgeting with his phone, Derek snuck up behind the boy. He grabbed onto his shoulders, pulling him up before slamming him on the hood of a car. 

"You're dead," Savannah stated, landing next to the boys.

"What? What the hell was that?" Scott yelled as he followed Derek and Savannah on their way to leave.

"I said I was gonna teach you-- I didn't say when," Derek told him simply.

"You scared the crap out of me!" the teen wolf exclaimed.

Savannah looked down at the boy, before looking back in the direction she was walking, "Not yet."

" Okay, but I was fast, right?"

"Not fast enough," Derek told him.

"But-but the car alarm thing! That was smart, right?"

"'Til your phone rang..." the girl nodded.

" Yeah, but that was-- I mean--" Scott stuttered, trying to find a good argument, "Would you just stop? Please?" 

"What happened the other night--" Scott started once he got the adults to turn around and look at him, "Stiles' dad getting hurt-- that was my fault. I should have been there to do something. I need you to teach me how to control this."

"Look," Derek sighed, "I am what I am because of birth. You were bitten. Teaching someone who was bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you."

"What do I have to do?" Scott questioned.

"You have to get rid of distractions," Sav told him, taking Scott's phone from his hands. "You see this? This is why we caught you." Savannah held up his phone, revealing a missed call from none other than Allison Argent.

"You want us to teach you? Get rid of her," Derek demanded.

"What, just because of her family?" Scott asked. Derek glanced at him for a second before taking Scott's phone from Savannah's hands and slamming it against the wall, shattering it.

"You getting angry?" Derek asked. "That's your first lesson. You want to learn how to control this. How to shift-- you do it through anger, by tapping into a primal animal rage, and you can't do that with her around."

"I can get angry," Scott defended.

"Not angry enough," Savannah said, shaking her head. "This is the only way that we can teach you."

"Now, can you stay away from her? At least until after the full moon?" Derek sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to keep the boy from the hunter's daughter.

"If that's what it takes," Scott nodded.

"Do you want to live? Do you want to protect your friends?" Derek asked.

"Yes, or no?" Savannah questioned, staring the boy down.

"Yes. If you can teach me, I can stay away from her."

///\\\

After the two left Scott at the parking garage, they soon found themselves at the McCall house after Scott had called them from his car saying he saw the alpha. The two sat in the darkness of Scott's room and waited for the boy to come home. Derek was sitting in an arm chair in the corner of his room while Savannah sat on the arm next to him. She was leaned back on the chair, her arm resting on the back behind Derek's head. She watched with a smirk as the frightened boy rushed around his room, quickly shutting and locking the window before closing the blinds. When he finally turned the lights on, he jumped, seeing Sav and Derek sitting in his room.

"You two seriously need to stop doing that," Scott exclaimed after regaining his breath.

"So, what happened? Did he talk to you?" Derek asked.

" Yeah," Scott huffed sarcastically, "We had a nice conversation about the weather. No, he didn't talk."

"Well, did you get anything off of him?" Sav asked, leaning forward, "An impression?"

"What do you mean?"

"Remember, your other senses are heightened. Communication doesn't have to be spoken!" Savannah exclaimed, standing from the chair and walking toward the boy, "What kind of feeling did you get from him?"

Scott waited for a second, thinking, before he answered, "...Anger."

"Focused on you?" Derek asked, standing as well.

"No, not-not me. But it was definitely anger. I could feel it, especially when he drew the spiral."

"Wait, the what?" Savannah asked, sharing a look with Derek, "What did you just say?"

"He drew this spiral on the window of my car, in the condensation, you know?" Scott explained. "...What? You have this look like you know what it means." 

"Okay," Savannah huffed. "Scott I have to do something and you can't freak out." Derek nodded in agreement.

"What are you going to do?"

"It won't hurt you. I just need you to think about what you saw," she explained. 

"Okay?" Scott said, looking at her. Savannah locked eyes with the boy, her eyes turning red. Next thing they knew, she was in his head. After looking at the memory, her eyes turned back to green. Sav glanced at Derek for a moment and nodded, confirming what they already thought.

"What?" Scott asked again. "What does it mean?"

"It's-it's nothing," Derek said in shock," stepping toward the door.

"Wait, wait, wait a second! You can't do that-" Scott exclaimed, stopping the two from leaving, "You can't ask me to trust you, and then just keep things to yourself."

"Doesn't mean anything," Savannah added.

"You buried your sister under a spiral. What does it mean?"

Savannah looked at the boy for a moment and released a breath, "You don't wanna know."