"... there's another"

Savannah sat in the passenger seat of Derek's black Camaro as he filled the tank with gas

Savannah sat in the passenger seat of Derek's black Camaro as he filled the tank with gas. He lent down to her window, making himself level with her head. 

"We need to go get food," Savannah mumbled to Derek who nodded in agreement. He stood up suddenly when a few SUVs pulled up around them, boxing the car in. The two see Chris Argent climb out of the main car, other hunters joining him. Derek acts normal, keeping up a guard as he put the pump away and closed his gas tank. 

"Nice ride!" Argent spoke up. He walked up to the car, running his finger against the paint job. "Black cars, though..." Argent rubbed a spot on the hood of the car, acting as though he was removing a smudge. "Very hard to keep clean. I would definitely suggest a little more maintenance." 

The two watch the hunter with blank stares as he grabs the windshield wiper provided at the station, stepping up to clean off the windshield. Derek looked away from Argent for a second to see Savannah sitting up straight in her seat, a red ball of energy in her hand. Derek quickly reached down, wrapping his hand around her's, calming the girl.  

"If you have something this nice, you want to take care of it, right?" Argent continued, cleaning the windshield as he continued to threaten Derek and Savannah. "Personally... I'm very protective of the things I love. But that's something I learned from my family... You don't have much of that these days... Either of you," he stated, sending a smirk to the girl in the front seat. 

Derek's hand that was holding Savannah's clenched in anger. She could feel the claws extending from his fingernails and digging into her skin. But she didn't care as she ran her thumb in a circle on the back of his hand. But this action doesn't go unnoticed to Argent. The hunter's smirk grows in the success that he was able to anger the werewolf.

"There we go. You can actually look through your windshield now," Argent stated, gesturing toward the unchanged window. "See how that makes everything so much clearer?"

Argent turns to walk back to his car when Derek's voice stops him. 

"You forgot to check the oil."

Argent nods to one of his hunters, "Check the man's oil," he states.

The hunter walks around the car before taking a gun that he had hidden in his jacket and hitting the butt against the driver's window, shattering it completely. 

"Looks good to me," the hunter said.

"Drive safely," Argent said with a fake smile. The hunters climb into their vehicles and drive away, leaving the two to sit in anger. 

"Oh my god," Savannah mumbled, releasing a breath. 

"Are you okay?" Derek asked, leaning down to look at the girl. 

"Yeah I'm fine," she held up her hand, "all healed," she said with a smile. "Your car is not though."

"Yeah. I know," Derek growled.