twenty five

once
they were
at enha's
studio

"tell me one thing"

"what?", she asked.

"is that girl always like that to you?"

y/n tore her gaze away from the decorations of the studio and just stared at jake's face.

he had his jaw clenched like he was not really for the answer. like it's the most baddest thing someone could do and she was scared he would ask more.

"not always. the mentors is always there to keep an eye out", she said, looking away from him again.

"you should -"

"jake", y/n stopped from speaking, while staring at his face, "you must know better than anyone i'm forced to be compliant, to be polite to her because of korean customs and that is to respect my elders"

jake froze for a moment before closing his eyes and cursing himself, "i'm sorry"

y/n knew that jake was angry. she understood that because she had been there too, but he should really know how to control it especially with how strict their culture are.

that's why sometimes it scared her for being a foreigner. what if what had happened to the scandals of some veteran groups could face her?

the one where they had hidden for years where one younger member is actually bullied by the elder?

y/n had an idea as well of how rachel yoo must be feeling. she is the sister of one of the famous singer and an actress in the country. it must be so pressuring to not be the best as the people would like her to be.

so in spite of all the bullying towards her, y/n could not help but feel sorry for the insecure girl that everyone saw as a bully.

"you know, i can tell what you're thinking", jake spoke, making her look at him again.

"how?"

"when i saw you with that girl earlier, you looked scared but doesn't want to fight her because you feel her frustrations. you feel sorry for her, am i right?"

"is that so wrong?", she asked and looked away again. it was pathetic but she could see, rachel could be nice if you'll remove the jealousy out of the way.

"but that doesn't mean you can let her do anything. i thank the agency for removing her too soon"

"i won't"

"promise?"

"i promise"

"well then, let's go"

"where are you taking me anyways?", y/n asked again as jake returned them back to the elevator.

"it's just a place i found to be the most peaceful in this building. i was planning to go there alone but then decided to bring you along"

"so you're basically risking being seen with me here?", she couldn't help but point out. they were still in hybe building, after all.