𝘊𝘺𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 - Prince Frederick - I'm Stanning the Prince

𝘊𝘺𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 - 𝘢 𝘧𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘥𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

-❤-

A crowd gathers, and the crown prince gets off of the carriage.

The girl swallows. Grabbing the front of her dress, she rushes down the stairs.

This is all a ploy. You know better than anyone that the empire is here to completely destroy Vestia. Yet, there's the fluttering in your stomach which you've felt for the prince since you met him, and there's the bubbling that makes you pray that he won't stab you for this.

"I heard all of this was an act..."

"Does that mean the prince and princess aren't close?"

"Prince Frederick!" You gasp excitedly and run to hug him. "You're finally here! How was the trip? You said you'd meet me in Vestia and I was getting anxious because you were late..."

"I'm sorry-"

"We can talk later," You cup his face with your hands and you lower your voice. "If you didn't come here to put up an act like we've always done please bite my lip."

"Wh-"

You crash your lips onto his, and he's caught off guard. He stumbles a bit, and he stares behind you.

You know he's staring at the scholar. He's in love with her for god's sake.

But he looks back at you, and you feel his eyes linger on your lashes. He tightens his arms around your waist and kisses you back. And for a moment, even for a fleeting second, you're ok with being someone meaningless to him if it meant you got to kiss him stupid like this.

"How romantic!"

"I guess we were worried for nothing."

"Right? Look at how affectionate they're being!"

"It's a relief such an affectionate guy is next to the princess~"

You pull away, cheeks flushed, lips open, panting for air. There's tears welling in your eyes from fear, and the prince pauses before smiling at you.

He mouths to you. "Thank you. and sorry in advance-"

The wall blows open, and the prince instinctively hides you behind him. 

"F-FREDERICK!"

"PRINCE!"

You grasp the fabric on his chest, and your heart thumps in your ears. The prince starts laughing.

"Hahaha! Chancellor general, what are you doing?" He laughs into his hand. "Ah... this is funny... I heard there was an incidental bombing aimed at the supply ships just before I arrived. It appears that both nations have carried out huge mistakes against each other... I apologize for the disgraceful acts my knights have commited. Especially to you, darling,"

He smiles at you, and you slowly let go of his chest. "No worries, Prince. There must have been some miscommunication on our end as well..."

"Of course," He smiles, and you tear apart from him, and he reaches for your hand.

If this shitshow was going to tear your heart up you might as well pretend that it's real in the moment.