𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 - Raphael Kedrey - The Villainess is a Marionette

𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 - 𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴

Misinterpreting her husband's actions toward the princess, Y/n thinks her husband is in love with the princess instead.

Requested by  AlaaMohamed201

-🂽-

"Is Raphael here?" You peek into his study.

"He's with the princess again," His aide mumbles.

"Shall I help out with paperwork, then?" You smile.

"Duchess..." His aide mumbles sadly.

Raphael had been visiting the princess more and more frequently lately. You weren't insecure; The marriage had been political anyways. You had married him after the princess had pushed you two together. You couldn't help wonder if you were just a collar to keep him close before your contract expired.

"Duchess?"

"Sorry," You smile. "I was spacing out."

"Would you like rest?" 

You shake your head, and you start the paperwork. Raphael would come home later, anyways.

You file through the papers, and you stack the papers that need to be signed on one side of the desk. You keep a couple invitations, and you toss out everything else.

"These nobles really loved whining for more," You grumble. 

You turn the lights off, and you head to your bedroom.

"There's not much to expect when it's a contract marriage." You mumble, and you change to get to bed.

"Duchess, we have the bath ready." A maid comes up to you, and you smile.

"Thank you." You sink in, and you stay a little longer than usual. 

By the time you get out, Raphael is already home.

"What did you talk to the princess about today?" You slip into bed next to him.

"The princess is planning something." He hums, reaching for you. 

You open your mouth, but close it after shaking it off.

"Is something wrong?"

"Are you in love with the princess?" You mumble against his chest. 

"Where did that come from?" He mumbles into your hair.

"You've been seeing her a lot." You hum.

He chuckles, playing with your hair. "Of course not. You're my wife. My only wife."

"We're under a contract."

"Did you read the fine print?"

"There was a fine print?" You raise a brow and stare up at him.

"The time period changes depending on when both parties want a divorce." Raphael smiles at you.

"Ah," You rest your head on his chest. "I was worried for nothing."

Raphael hums. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For making you misunderstand," He mumbles. "I'll do better next time."

"You're already doing great." You managed to respond before falling asleep.

Among the midst of preparing everything for you, he had forgotten to spend time with you. He hoped you would like his surprise.