𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 - Rezef Hill - The villainess is a marionette

𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 - 𝘝𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘭𝘺, 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

Rezef is obsessed with Y/n. He would do anything for her. 

Requested by ItzXie

Have I ever told you how much I want to crush that man under my foot? No? Now you know-

Warnings: Angst, major character death, mention of SA

-♔-

Rezef is emotionless.

He grew up being told that everything he has could be stripped from him in an instant.

So he held a tight grip over everything he owned.

Including you.

So imagine his surprise when you sit in the royal seats while he's being beheaded, an evil smile on your face.

You sitting in the seat of the empress, the place that you had never been promoted to because of his insecurities.

You told him you loved him regardless.

Why.

Rezef yells it out before the guillotine is dropped on his head.

You scoff to yourself.

Why?

As payback for all the mental issues he caused you.

The smile on your face drops, and your stomach feels sick.

"It's alright," Cayenna rubs your back. "He's gone. He's gone. He can't hurt you anymore."

You sit back up, the feeling never leaving.

Rezef loved you.

Correction.

He didn't love you. 

He was obsessed with you.

He bathed you in lavish gifts. Gifts he stole from the bourgeoisie.

The money he stole from the poor's outrageous taxes.

You hated his ways.

The cruel smile on his face when you were dragged into the punishment room.

The way he brushed off your cries for help when he put his hands on you.

His dammed laugh when he stripped you of your basic abilities.

The way your arms almost got removed when you slapped him while he tried to touch you.

He let you off, only because that look of fear on your face was gorgeous.

But he treated you better than anyone else.

There were times he treated you tenderly.

He consoled you when you broke down from being his pretty little doll.

He knew all of your favorite foods by heart.

He hired you your own personal chef, a poison taste tester, maids beyond count.

He nearly killed his sister for you.

But the princess begged you to let her go. She didn't want to die the miserable death of the villainess she read about.

That you read about.

You begged Rezef to let her go.

He kept his promise as long as you stopped struggling whenever he visited you.

You agreed, but every other week, a new gift was sent, and a thank you letter was returned.

A letter saying thanks, but in coded words that exposed all of the emperor's plans.

You were desperate to stop living as a doll.

Which led you to this moment.

"Do you feel bad?"

Cayenna stares at the guards putting his head into a basket.

"I only feel bad he was raised in such an awful family," You hum. "But in the end, it's his own fault for turning out like that."

A single tear rolls out of your eyes.

Your only mercy for him.