𝘈𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 - Luminas - Into the light once again

𝘈𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘵𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

I KNOW THIS BOOK IS MARKED AS COMPLETED BUT HE'S SO HOT UGH I HAD TO-

Warnings: Age gap. Age gap. A G E G A P + angst <3

-❈-

Spirit kings are lonely. Luminas knows this better than anyone. So when you, a gentle-hearted, spirit user, was born, he took interest in you.

Your eyes are brighter than the others, and he often found himself staring at you when you were a baby, alone in your room. He had no interest in anything, but you always grabbed at him, cooing at the sparkles he would create to entertain you. He found you to be cute. He supposed he could technically kidnap you, but it wouldn't be fair to you or your parents. He opted for being your imaginary friend for now.

"Wha's youwr name?" You peer up at him, though he was crouching.

"Luminas."

"Lu.. mee... na." You test the name on your tongue. "Lumina."

"You can call me Lumin."

"Lulu," You grin. "Lulu!!"

He smiles gently, and you grin. "Lulu! Awe you my fweind?"

He smiles. "Maybe I am."

"You'we my fwiend now," You grin, grabbing his hand. "Le's eat with mama!"

You drag him through the halls, and he makes sure to keep you balanced whenever you would fall. Your footsteps speed up as he bends the light under you, and you sprint to the dining hall.

"Mama! Meet my new fwiend!" You cheer.

"You friend?"

"His name is Lu... Lumine. Luminas." You repeat to yourself. "I call him Lulu!"

"That's lovely," Your mother smiles, unable to see the male next to you. A maid helps you to the seat, and you eat. Luminas doesn't need to eat, but you eat so cheerfully, that he almost wants to taste it himself.

"Is Lulu not eating wif us?" You tilt your head.

"We can prepare a plate for him," Your mother nods.

"What does Luminas look like?"

"He has yellow eyes," You stare up at the male. "Yellow hair... he glows. WAH!!! HE GLOWS!!!"

Luminas had found you adorable and didn't mind you at all.

"Mama, can I marry Lulu one day?"

Luminas's eyes widened in amusement.

"Darling," Your father is the one to speak up. "You can decide when you're older."

"Otay!" You beam.

Twenty years down the road, you're now the only spirit summoner minus the princess. Luminas had left you a while ago, and you had never questioned the disappearance of someone who claimed to be your imaginary friend. Yet, as you stared at the man talking with the princess in the garden, you felt something bubble up.

It's far from disgust, actually, it felt more like betrayal. You couldn't blame him for taking interest in someone else who was a spirit summoner. The princess was much prettier than you thought of yourself. She was kind, and it wasn't like someone like you could compare to the princess of the empire.

"Is something wrong?" Your friend walks up to you, handing you the glass. 

"He looks like the imaginary friend I had for so long," You stare at the male talking to the princess. "He's hot."

"I don't blame you," Your friend lifts the champagne to her lips. "He is hot."

"I just feel hurt," You chuckle. "Lunaria,"

The spirit appears next to you. "Yes, my light?"

"That's the same person as my imaginary friend, right?" You hum.

"Still think he was real?"

"Spirits can hide themselves." You mumble. "I wouldn't be surprised if he was hiding himself from everyone else."

"It is, my light," The spirit mumbles. You throw your head back, laughing. "I guess I was foolish to think he genuinely meant half of the words he said. Oh, well. Shall we go back inside? It's getting chilly."

Your friend pauses. "Are you sure?"

"There's no point in clinging onto someone who won't return to you." 

She links her arm with yours, and Lunaria links hers with your other arm.

"Let's go hit on the crown prince."

"EXCUSE ME?"

"He's just as hot as that whoever he was," Your friend laughs. "LET'S GO!"

You head inside, unaware of the eyes trailed on the back of your head.

Spirit kings are lonely, and only now did Luminas realize he was the reason he was alone.