𝘌𝘧𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 - Anastacius - WMMAP

𝘌𝘧𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 - 𝘍𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨

Meeting at Athanasia's debut, Anastacius finds himself longing for the person he never stopped loving.

Requested by ItzXie

-↺-

The ball is gorgeous. Flowers are blooming everywhere, and the stars are shining. 

Shining the brightest at the ball was none other than the young princess Athanasia. But in Anastacius's eyes, someone else is brighter.

You stand near the side, talking with your brother.

"Brooding?"

You smile. "I thought I saw someone familiar."

"Are you still not getting married?" Your brother hands you a glass of champagne. "How long are you going to dwell over the dead?"

You take the glass. "Our family is not in need of the bounds of marriage; Why should I get married?"

Your brother sighs, "I was just hoping you wouldn't die alone. Your ex was a jerk."

You laugh. "Maybe."

Anastacius thinks over what he's done to you.

-⧗-

"This is Y/n from the L/n duchy." The emperor introduces the young girl to him. "She'll be your fiancée from now on."

You peek at the crown prince from behind your father's legs.

"H-hello!"

-⧗-

"So, what do you do at home?" Anastacius looks around your mansion.

"Study," You hum. "And in the time I get off, I wander around the gardens."

The prince hums.

-⧗-

"Anastacius! Look!" You point at the stars. "They're so pretty!"

"They are," He smiles, staring at you.

The next memory is less pleasant.

-⧗-

"Anastacius?" You crack open the door, and you drop the cup in your hand.

Anastacius in bed with Penelope.

You flee the scene, and eventually, you leave the palace completely.

-⧖-

He hadn't seen you since.

He had gotten married to Penelope after your father called off the engagement from your heartbreak, and he had Jeanette.

He wondered if it would've been possible for him to have had Jeanette with you. Would your daughter have gotten your hair color instead?

You glance at the man staring at you for a prolonged amount of time.

"I'm not delusional, am I?" You stare at the male.

"He's been staring at you for a while," Your brother responds. "Talk to him. He looks familiar."

You stare at him. "I love him, but I do not wish to return to him. May I retire for the night?"

Your brother nods. "Take care."

Anastacius watches you leave, and this time, he's the one whose heart is shattered.