Moonlight Sonata

The sound of the melodious Moonlight Sonata, resonating from the ginormous luxurious living room of the famous Bae – Park’s luxury mansion did not come from any electronic player but by the talented Aurora. Still clad in her work attire, she who was already born talented, letting her elegance manicured fingers danced on the ivory keys of the grand piano. Accompanying her was her loyal glass of red wine, resting at the top of the piano. People might have thought that  she’s just another smart woman without that much of talents.

The helpers themselves were enjoying the beautiful classical, played by their employer, who treated them like families. Moonlight Sonata, one of the many beautiful creations by one of the greatest composers of his time. It was like they were watching a live performance in the theatre. She was lost in her element. Gave her any instruments, and she will gladly be performing. Isn’t that sexy? (I have a thing for ladies that can work on any musical instrument.) Letting her emotions overcame her, she closed her eyes and immersed in the beautiful sound of every key that she strokes. Little did she realized that tears were streaming down her eyes, staining her face that is still covered in makeup.

The kids were not home, staying over with the grandparents over in Venice for a while. The youngest of the three was staying with Aira and Heidi, because that kid was such an actress, manipulating her aunts that she was too sleepy to go home, totally had them wrapped around her little fingers. And now with the house, lesser of three pairs of little feet and sets of laughter, Aurora felt alone and decided to stroke the ivory keys.

And without her realizing a pair of hands rested on her shoulders and a warm kiss was planted on  top of her head. The familiar vanilla scent lingered around her, not moving an inch at all. Claire whispered, “ I love you, gorgeous.” Aurora nodded and smile as her cheeks leaned towards the warmth of that soothing voice.

“You have been crying, wife?” her voice was always full of concern. “Missing the kids?”
She leaned closer to the still sitting Aurora. The music had already ended but her fingers did not leave the keys. Her glass of wine had been empty. She sat there.

“I love you, Claire.” She whimpered. Her lips were trembling. “I missed having you around. While the kids still in Venice having their vacations with both their grandparents. I felt alone.”

Claire hugged her from the back. “ I’m sorry.” She sat with her legs rested on both sides of the comfortable ottoman. “I’ll take days off; we’ll go for a short trip. Just you and me.” Her fingers were wiping away the tears.

“I don’t need trips, babe.”

“I’ll do anything. Just name it.”

“I want to visit the crematorium. I want you to be with me when I am there. "
As much as Claire was caught off guards, she agreed. “We’ll go. And after that, I’ll take you to the sea on our yacht.”

“Thank you, wife.”

“Always, love.”

Something about their marriage that made the public questioned on how the same sex marriage as theirs could ever last. Both were so influential, gorgeous and smart. They were hoping that their marriage was just an act of impulsiveness, a farce. It is crazy how people were being the judges of every happily married couple.

Aurora once said in a very long interview, “ My marriage to Claire Park wasn’t an act. Our marriage was based on love.  14 years of everything that led us to where we are now. I want to achieve what she wanted to achieve. We shared the same dreams. We thought that this was impossible but looked what we had achieved. She made me strong in every way possible.” Aurora’s eyes did not leave the cameras, she was staring right through them.

“Love has no preference. Love is love. And that shall stay. You love who your heart chose to love. And I am speaking on behalf of my community, your words of sarcasms and hate had no place in this world. I guessed, among the audiences and the crews and everyone that were present right now, if you guys were denying about who you really were, you guys did not love and respect yourselves. If you fall in love with someone next to you or those who had secretly or silently falling in love with the person of the same sex, let your feelings known. I know rejections hurt but at least you let your feelings known.  But if you are lucky, you will be like me and Claire and other couples who loves each other.

“I am invited to talk about this, scary part of being gay, married and living a life full of extra eyes hawking on me. “I don’t give a damn about this group of people. I am here not to please them. I do not owe them a living. But if they still are sure, that they still can, made bucks out of me, oh please, go on and create lies and sensational stories about me. I am not going to stop you, my wife too. We will just be going to sit back and just watched the show you guys created. You will be lucky if your firm, did not receive any writs from our lawyers.Don’t be a hypocrite, live your life the way you all want to be. People out there will always judge you in a way or another.”

How those words won applauses from the audiences and even the reporters and the crews. She smiled. And she remembered, she saw the glimpse of Kim Jonghyun sitting on one of the VIPs rows with Kibum.

But right now, she wanted to visit her past, the fake burial that she felt guilty for having her in laws mourning over her death. How she chose, to have a woman who had actually died of an accident, beyond recognition. How she had the doctor to place the wedding band on Jane, that’s what she called her. A foreigner, who died alone in her country.

Claire who was watching her wife, who was now standing in front of their wedding photo, with her hands wrapped around her body. She moved nearer to Aurora.

“Let’s go to our room.”

Claire held her wife’s hand and led the way up the stairs. Without the kids, the grand mansion was just silence. The maids, were now in their own rooms. Once the door closed, Claire hugged her wife and whispered.

“Wife.. Claire nuzzled the wife nagged. “I miss you.”

“I miss you more, gorgeous.” Aurora leaned her back nearer to the wife.

The love they have for each other had been challenged a lot of times, the gossips and rumors about one of them cheating over marriages and the scandals. But nothing could ever shook their sturdy marriage that believe in everything that define happiness.

That night has never been anything but a honeymoon, with no kids, screaming for the moms attentions.  Its their night, they wanted to enjoy the night when their lives were just surrounded with work and without kids. But that was then. It was their night to just snuggle and cuddle in bed and endless love making. The real love they had.