Vertigo

They said whatever happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas. That was what he did, but instead of Vegas. Jonghyun changed it, as he muttered, “Whatever happened in Shibuya stayed in Shibuya.”  After that met up with Kibum, he couldn’t get him off his head or system, every time, he tried shutting the younger out of his mind, Kibum invited himself into it.

Waking up, next to the younger was already shocking enough. He couldn’t digest what happened but fortunately, they were fully clothed. Jonghyun hurriedly got up and walked towards the kitchen still feeling groggy of whatever liquid that had been in their system last night. He rested his heavy head against the fridge door as he poured himself a diffused lemon drink to quench his thirst not once but twice. How they got here was still a mystery. He couldn’t think of anything else. The more he tried, the more his brain kicked him out of that thoughts. If only the brain could talk.

His head was still pounding, feeling heavy. He gulped down the drink and almost slammed the glass on the island. He sighed deeply as he ruffled his already messy hair. Kibum was still asleep on the sofa. Well, at least on the sofa.

His vision was blurred, totally forgotten about his glasses. It’s almost noon now and little did he realized that he had numerous texts. He grabbed the mobile and saw Lea’s texting him and the rest were from his staff and Rod, his best friend. He read the text from Lea.  “Well, bro. I’m in Paris now. Have fun in Shibuya.”

Jonghyun charged his dying mobile and head for shower. Running the warm shower on his toned body, he had so many thoughts about last night. What actually happened? But nothing seems to fit into his brain right now. Nothing at all. He even brushed off some thoughts back to his mind. But one thing, he couldn’t get rid of, was the thought that they had in common, a need of companionship.

He let the warm water sipped into his skin; he wanted to refresh himself so that he would be able to think like a normal human being again. But how could he think like a normal person, when he had a man named Kim Kibum peacefully asleep on his apartment.

Meanwhile, Kibum was having the same reaction like Jonghyun, surprised on how he landed on a foreign living space. He remained seated on the so expensive reclining sofa, resting his heavy head in between his hands. Only then, he remembered. “Jonghyun.”

He hurriedly got up from where he was and started to look around. He saw frames of the man himself, captured in so many ways. He wondered who was the one who was behind the lens, they were so well captured. Being a fan of photography himself, he fully stood in awed about those images, totally forgotten what he had to do actually. He somehow felt, like he was in a private gallery. Frames neatly arranged and dated. For awhile, he totally forgotten about why he was actually rushing around.

While, he was so immersed, Jonghyun came out from the room looking and smelt fresh. His voice was enough to jolt the younger man.

“Hello, Kibum! Welcome to my humble abode.” He broke into laughter when he saw the younger‘s back against him. That man, now awakened by the sudden greeting, turned
around looking all flushed.

Kibum almost hit his toes against the foot of the dining table. “Fuck!” he mumbled to himself.

“Hey.” Kibum acted cool as he faced the elder, with a ready smile. “How did we end up in your abode? And this lavish and state of the arts interiors, u called all these your humble abode?”

“Help me. Because ever since, I woke up till now, I still could not think of an answer, maybe we should ask the guard.” Jonghyun tried to laugh as he looked at the younger who was walking towards him. “Its humble, in my opinion.” He shrugged his well defined shoulders.