Long Night

The laughter was familiar, the scent of perfume, it has been years but he still remember everything about Jonghyun. He watched him, how he still enjoyed watching the man surrounded by good looking men, full on testosterones. Laughing and smiling, some men talk going on right on that table. How could he not feel guilty. How dare he. He wanted to sit right next to him and be a part of them.

They both were in pain, being left and hurt. Kibum tried not to look at him, but there’s this painful attraction towards him. Questions inside his brain, when did Jonghyun come to Paris. What was he doing here. But what he wasn’t aware was the elder saw him too. Their eyes met but neither move. He didn’t smile, instead he looked away. Kibum heart went crazy at the sight of him, it had been the same everytime, he bumped onto this guy.

He wanted to get up from where he was sitting and had a lot of things to say to him. He wanted to try to explain to him why he left without words, he at least owed that man an apology. And how much he just want to walk up to the elder right now and just embraced him, he missed Jonghyun. But the question was, did he miss him as bad. But he couldn’t, that man looked different, he looked good, like deliciously good. Suddenly, he felt that Jonghyun was out of his league. That man was a class of his own and that bunch of equally good looking dudes, they were such good looking, with almost everyone in the restaurant were drawn to them. He was jealous of how attractive Jonghyun was.  It must be the weather, or the lights, nevermind he was always glowing. His hair was of a different tone, Kibum noticed all the finest details of the man, even stealing glances of his back was enough. That’s how bad he missed the man. He saw how casual, Jonghyun rested his hand on the back of his friend’s chair,  that glasses resting on his nose bridge, made him look hot. He sighed, suddenly feeling breathless. How that man still had an impact on him, that was way out of an explanation. That’s insane, absurd. Was he still in love with Jonghyun? Only he had the answers to that. As he was so lost, in his thought about the perfect gentleman in front of him, Liam appeared.

He wanted to introduce Jonghyun to Liam, his friend. There’s nothing else between them, just friends. He just couldn’t be in love with any other men. His heart was stolen, was tied to an invisible thread. Liam was nice but he wasn’t at all attracted to him. The sound of chairs moved, made him looked up again, this time, they were leaving. Nothing had ever changed in that man, he was too generous with the money, while he was waiting for his card, he leaned against the counter and had his arms crossed on his broad muscular chest. That plain navy t shirt and the designer jeans, made him look extra sexy. Their eyes met again, after Jonghyun got his card back from the waiter. Another jealousy hit him, when a man about Jonghyun’s height nudged him.

They were laughing to a certain joke. Kibum was hoping that Jonghyun would turn to look at him once again. But no, the pair walked out of the restaurant and now leaving Kibum pondering with a lot of thoughts.

“Kibum.”
“Hey.”
“You look distant.”
“Really?”
“I have been calling you. But you were barely here.”
“I must have been too lost in my thoughts. Miles away.”
“Do you want to continue having dinner here?”
“Y.. yes, Liam.” Kibum flipped open the untouched menu. “Sorry.”
“Hey. Don’t be.”

It was unusually quiet for Liam, Kibum had known to be full of life whenever they went out. He had been quiet ever since just now when he saw a bunch of deliciously good looking men. Liam didn’t manage to see who he had his eyes on to, for him to be all quiet. The night was getting colder, and sitting in the restaurant without any conversation was colder than the air outside. He studied the Korean, even when he was chewing his food, he was in thoughts. Liam contemplated to ask him why the sudden change of mood.

“Hey.”
“You sure you’re ok?”
“Me?” Kibum pointed at himself.
“No. Just wondering about the gorgeous lady behind you, she looked disturbed, tho.” Liam smirked after seeing Kibum rolled his eyes.
Kibum turned, wanting to tap the gorgeous lady but was stopped. “I was asking you, Kibum.”
“I am fine. Just having things running in my head, you know work stuff.” Kibum tried to lie.
“Right.”
“Yea.”
“Where are we going after this dinner?”
“A bar or anything, where there’s good music.”
“Sure.”