Past: Concord, Massachusetts: 1863

Concord, Massachusetts: 1863

Just when life is going well, trouble seems to follow.

The March household received a telegram that the March patriarch was sick in Washington.

At the news, the rest of the household scurried to pack Marmee's traveling bags. Jo and Andy ran off to Aunt March to ask for money.

"Is Jo and Andy back yet from Aunt March?" Marmee carried father's clothes to the opened suitcase.

"No I haven't seen them yet" Beth answered

Hannah came in holding extra shoes, "You want another pair of shoes?"

"Thank you! I can't miss the last train. Oh Hannah, did you get father's nightshirts?" Furiously shoving the more inside the suitcase.

"Yes I did"

Laurie came into the living room consoling Beth, "What can I do to help Beth?"

Marmee hugged the young Laurence, "Thank you so much for being here"

Laurie kissed her cheek, "Of course"

Mr. Laurrence wrapped an arm around Marmee's shoulders, "If I'd maybe of any more assistance please tell me. I'd look in on the girls every day without fail"

Marmee sighed in relief, "Thank you for everything"

Mr. Laurence nodded, "I've always admired your husband. I pray for a quick recovery"

Meg dropped blankets into the suitcase, "I've found these linens" before running into Mr. Brooke, "Oh! I'm sorry"

Mr. Brooke, "I came to offer myself as an escort for mother. Mr. Laurence has commissions for me in Washington. AND it would give me real satisfaction to be of real service-"

Meg cut off his rambles with a kiss to the man's cheek, "Thank you!" and led away to the living room.

"When I'm gone Hannah is in charge. Remember to check on the Hummels. It would be a difficult winter for everyone"

Jo and Andy stomped in, bundled in winter coats and hats, each carrying stacks of money.

Jo handed her cash over, "Will this be enough for the train?"

"$25?!"

Andy handed her stack, "And for food and lodging?"

"$175?!"

Marmee was shocked at the amount of money she was handed, "It's not like Aunt March to be so generous"

Jo answered for the two of them, "Oh I didn't go to Aunt March, I couldn't bear to" Andy just looked at her shoes fidgeting in place.

"Where'd you get the money?" Marmee watched as Jo confidently ripped her winter hat off, "Well I only sold what was my own"

Jo's beautiful hair was cut short to her neck. Marmee stared in shock at Jo and looked at Andy, who was refusing to make eye contact, "Andy?"

Andy shyly took her hat off, showcasing similar short hair to the rest of the group, "I emptied my bank account and thought an additional money wouldn't hurt"

(Please imagine this as Sabrina Carpenter)

Sounds of gasping all around.

"Jo! Andy! Your hair!"

"You're one beauty!"

"You both look like a boy"

Andy glared at the corner where she heard the light snickering from Teddy who turned his back.

"Well, it doesn't affect the fate of the nation. So don't wail" Jo rubbed Andy's back to console each other.

Marmee came over to give them a warm hug, "I'm so proud that you're my daughters"

Hannah, Beth, Amy, and Meg stared horrified at their two sisters.

"You'd never do that"

"This isn't what I wanted for them"

Andy broke off from the embrace and ran towards Teddy tearing up, "Oh, Teddy"

Teddy wrapped his arms around the young March as she tried to rub her tears on his coat, "Oh, Andy"

(Pretend its Andy and Laurie)

Jo came over to rub Teddy and Andy's hair

Breaking away Andy headed towards the group hug consisting of Marmee, Hannah, and her sister.

"Be good to each other. Pray for father's recovery. And I'll be back as soon as I can. Love you"
The three men watched the heartfelt goodbyes.

That night Andy woke to the sound of crying outside the door.

Carrying her blanket with her, Andy was met with the sad sight of Jo whimpering as she leaned her head on the wall.

"Oh, Jo" Andy wrapped her blanket around the both of them, "What is it? Is it father?"

This just caused Jo to cry even more, "No. It's my hair!"

Andy pulled her older sister's head to her shoulders tearing up as well, "I feel the same way"

Jo reached a hand to Andy's hair curling the ends around her finger, "I knew you would too"

The two cried and consoled each other that night.