Past: Concord, Massachusetts: 1864

Concord, Massachusetts: 1864

The March sisters were in the kitchen discussing their plans for the day.

Andy and Amy were busy trying to set the plaster around their extremities.

"I'm making a mold of my foot for Fred to remind him I have nice feet" Amy was prodding the plaster around her right foot with a wooden spoon.

Andy proudly smiled at her twin, "Well I'm making a mold of my hand for Laurie so he can always hold my hand even in college" making sure to keep her left hand still.

Meg was reading the letter Mr. Brooke sent her, "Mr. Brooke writes that father is still very weak but improving"

Even from across the room Andy can see the blush on Meg's face. Lightly tapping her twin with her foot she gestured to their oldest sister.

Meg continued, "Mr. Brooke also says that mother is the best nurse a man can ask for"

The twins shared a quiet giggle.

Jo stood from the table, "well I wish all the letters were from mother and not from Mr. Brooke"

Meg's eyes were still glued to the letter, "I'm grateful for any letters"

Beth was busy stitching on a pair of shoes she plans to give to Mr. Laurence as thanks for letting her play the piano, "I think the deep purple is very fitting for Mr. Laurence. Do you agree Amy, Andy?"

Beth showed the twins her work.

Andy nodded, already itching to move her plastered hand. Amy agreed "Quite it's very cunning" tapping Beth with her wooden spoon.

As the conversation continues Andy and Amy checked to see if the plasters were hard enough.

Amy stood to test the plaster, "Marmee told us to do lots of things but we can't possibly do them all"

Andy felt the plaster was hard enough and tried to pry it off, "And I have lessons with Mr. Laurence today"

Grabbing Amy's skirt Andy motioned to her twin to help pull her hand out.

No use.

They shared a look and tried to pry Amy's foot next.

Also no use.

Amy screeched, "No we're stuck we can't get it out!!!"