Epilogue: 1870

Epilogue:

1870

Andy and Laurie have been married for 3 months now. A month after they broke the news of their engagement to the family the couple could not wait to start their life together.

They had their wedding by the lake. This was the place they made their most memorable histories together.

Where they spent long hours chatting about any subject. Where Laurie saved Andy from drowning. Where Andy threw mud on his face when he pushed her into the water. So many memories.

And now they can add their wedding day to their growing list of unforgettable history by the lake.

Now 3 months later Andy and Laurie sat on a picnic blanket under the view of the bright moon and abundant stars.

Andy was sitting combing her fingers through Teddy's curls, who laid his head on her lap slouched on the blanket.

Andy's fingers strayed from his hair to trace his features: His dark eyebrows, long curly eyelashes, aristocratic nose, his soft lips...

Teddy caught her hand bringing it to his lips for a kiss on her palm.

He happily stared at the ring on Andy's beautiful finger to the small scar on the pinky, "How did you get this scar?" tracing the delicate skin.

Andy blushed and remained silent. Teddy looked up at her and playfully bit her pinky.

Giggling Andy answered, "Back before you set off to college I tried to make a mold of my hand to give you. So that you can always hold my hand even when you are far away."

Teddy's eyes sparkled as he stared in amazement at the woman in front of him, "You've loved me since then?"

Andy rolled her eyes, "I've loved you from the moment you broke my fall when I jumped on you to hide from Jo"

Teddy rubbed her palm to his cheek, now tracing the scar on the palm, "This one?"

Andy smiled sadly, "The night of Meg's wedding..."

Teddy frowned remembering that day.

"That was the day you were supposed to read my letter. Jo came home and told me you asked to marry her. I was so upset that we ended up fighting. That's how I go this scar"

Teddy sat up facing Andy bracketing her between his arms and legs, "My heart, please do not doubt my love for you. Back then, I did not know the difference between loving someone and being in love.

But as I look into your eyes now, all I see is my future. I choose you. I'll choose you, even if it's a million times, I'll keep choosing you for you are my heartbeat."

Teddy leaned kissing her eyes, her nose, her cheeks, and her lips. Slowly savoring each other's presence.

Andy smiled at her Teddy without a doubt about who his heart belongs to, "I believe the future is closer than we ever hoped for"

Teddy scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. Andy took his hands and guided them to her belly.

In the future, Laurie will deny it, but it took an embarrassingly long time for him to realize what Andy was silently telling him.

He looked at her tearfully, "Truly?"

Andy laughed gently wiping the tears Teddy did not realize was there, "We'll have that family we have always wanted"

Laurie gathered Andy to his arms tenderly cradling her, "How did I get so lucky"

9 months later the Laurence couple welcomed identical twin boys who indistinguishably took after their father: green eyes and curly hair.

Andy would mention for years to come that she loved Teddy so much that she birthed twins who took after their father in appearance and manners.

Laurie would beg to differ that the 3 daughters that followed the twins were proof that his love for Andy was so immeasurable that they largely took after their mother.

Mr. and Mrs. Teddy and Andy Laurence would successfully live to their 80s surrounded by their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

Both took their final breaths together... watching the sunset over the lake by their home... holding hands.

 holding hands