Present: London: 1869

London: 1869

Like a coward, Laurie booked a ticket to London and fled after Amy successfully stripped him of his self-pity.

Now he sat on the floor alone in his rented room cradling a white envelope.

Laurie had always thought that his love for Jo would never waver. That his love was strong enough to weather any obstacles.

This was the first time he spent away from his love interest and actually thought about what he wanted for his future.

His boyhood days with Jo were spent playing and chasing her around.

At the time, he just wanted to spend his days running around the familiar woods of their home without a thought about the future.

But time caught up to them.

He wanted to live a carefree life, surrounded by the love and warmth the March family freely gave him. So much so that he grasped on to the nearest person to him, hoping one day he'll be a part of that warmth.

But every one of them chased after their dreams.

Meg married Mr. Brooke to start a family.

Jo wanted to be a freelance writer.

Beth wanted to take care of her parents.

Amy went to Europe to become an artist.

And Andy is pursuing her dream of being an entrepreneur.

Meanwhile, it's Laurie who just wanted to love and be loved.

Of all the children it seemed like he was the only one who didn't have a clear picture of what he wanted. Sure he wanted to try his hand on operas but that is mere child's play in a world of adults.

However, right now he knew what he wanted to do.

Laurie wanted to read Andy's letter.

He deeply regretted that fateful day where everything fell apart.

He was so consumed in his self-pity about Jo's rejection that he neglected the one person who always stuck to his side. The one person he can rely on to always be there when he needed her.

Laurie promised to stop by the postbox to read Andy's letter. But by the time he remembered about it, the letter was gone.

Carefully prying the envelope open, upending the content.

Laurie was met by golden locks of curly hair tied with a familiar white ribbon. It was the ribbon he used on the key he gave Andy so long ago.

(Pretend the ribbon is white)

With great care, Laurie held the lock of hair affectionately rubbing it between his fingers

With great care, Laurie held the lock of hair affectionately rubbing it between his fingers. Setting it on the bed, he gave his full attention to the folded letter.

My Dearest Teddy,

I am writing this letter to you the night before Meg's wedding day. I never understood why Meg decided to marry Mr. Brooke of all people. So I asked her why. She said that she could not imagine living her life without him by her side. Meg was willing to work and struggle, so long as it is with Mr. Brooke. She said this is what it means to be in love.

I never thought much about love. I know that I love my family, including grumpy Aunt March. I know that I am fond of Mr. Laurence. But most of all I know that I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with you.

Aunt March once told me that as I was the hope of my family. That I must marry well to guarantee a happy life. I immediately told her that you were the only one I was willing to marry. It did not matter to me whether you were rich or poor, so long as you chose me.

My future used to revolve around providing for my family's needs. Don't get me wrong it still is. I have made plans to ensure that my family will want for nothing.

But somewhere along the line, I have built a future in my mind with you.

I wanted to make sure I succeed in life, not only to provide for my family but also to provide for you. I want you to pursue your dreams of writing and directing operas and I want to be there every step of the way.

I can't imagine a life in the future without you beside me, just the thought alone feels excruciating.

Right now, I have yet to have a steady ground for the future. So I write this letter to you in hope that you would wait for me.

I give you this lock of hair to represent that you alone own my heart.

I love you the most,

Andrea March

For the first time in a long time, Laurie felt relieved.

When Jo rejected him, all he wanted to do was run away from the world. He drank, gambled, and flirted his way through life.

But right now all he wanted to do was run.

He wanted to run to his future. Like removing a film in front of his eyes. All he could see right now was a warm home with Andy in his arms.

He's now recalling his childhood days with his best friends. Back then, all he could remember was him chasing after Jo.

But now, like a camera that has zoomed out.

He could recall the smaller figure of Andy faithfully running after him.

After all this time, his future was beside him all along. A future filled with so much possibilities.

 A future filled with so much possibilities

All he had to do was look back at her.

To Andy.