Past: Concord, Massachusetts: Christmas Day 1864

Concord, Massachusetts: Christmas Day 1864

The March household was once again filled with life as the Christmas morning sun rose.

Andy was standing on a chair, supervising all the decorations. Telling Jo to raise the wreath a little higher.

Amy was stringing a popcorn garland.

Mr. Laurence and Marmee sat by the fire, and Beth on the couch with her doll.

Meg helped Hannah with setting the table for their feast.

Through the chatter, Laurie came bursting in stretching an arm to the doorway, "Here's another Christmas gift for the March family"

"FATHER!!!" All 5 March sisters bolted to give their father a welcoming hug.

Father stepped back to watch each of his daughters' faces, "My little women

Father stepped back to watch each of his daughters' faces, "My little women. How you've grown, and how proud I am of you. Each of you. Merry Christmas, my dears."

The sisters watched Marmee embrace their father. Joining in on the embrace after they had their moment.

It was the best Christmas dinner to date.

There was happy chatter all around as father got to know Mr. Laurence and Mr. Brooke. Marmee was regaling him with funny moments father had missed. Sharing a laugh with the entire table as Andy stole a bite of food from Laurie's plate.