Present: Paris, France: 1869

Paris, France: 1869

Despite the heavy loss of their sister Amy was relieved to finally be with her twin. She couldn't have fathomed that it would take Beth's death to be reunited with Andy.

But she could wait a few more minutes. Amy stood patiently outside the carriage that was occupied by Laurie and Andy.

The Italian couple that came with her sister was busy talking business with Mr. Laurence.

A warm arm wrapped around her waist, looking up she saw that Fred was also trying in vain to look inside the carriage.

"What do you suppose they are talking about there?"

Amy smiled at the light of her life, "Laurie has a life-changing business proposal for Andy"

Fred raised his eyebrows amused, "For Laurie's sake he better make it worth her while. Signorina March is after all infamous for getting her way when it comes to business"

Amy is rather proud of her twin's achievements. Of the sisters, Andy was the most forward-thinking individual of them all. She did not let the judgment of others pressure her into doing anything she did not like.

From the carriage, they could hear cheering from the two inside.

Fred walked towards the carriage door, grabbed the door, the hinges, and heaved. The door remained shut.

Amy was amused at the effort, "What are you doing?"

Huffing Fred answered, "Mr. Laurence suggested I send for carriage with a faulty door in the chance that Andy might bolt before Laurie says his piece"

Just when Amy could not think she could love Fred Vaughn anymore he does this: He puts this effort to help her sister find a happy ending.

Tightening her gloves Amy stood beside Fred grabbing the other side of the door, "Together?"

Fred just grinned at her, "Always"

"OH!"

Amy and Fred were met with the sight of Andy and Laurie... on the floor of the carriage... with Andy straddling Laurie as he held her closer to him.

"For heaven's sake!" "Goodness!" Amy and Fred tried to give them privacy by turning their backs to the new couple.

Laurie sat up still keeping Andy on his lap, "She said yes!"

Amy sharply turned and gaped her mouth at the sight of her twin holding her hand proudly showcasing the rose encrusted ring.

"I'm so happy for you Andy!" Amy held her hands open for an embrace.

Laurie aided his new fiance down the carriage accepting a hard slap on the back from Fred.

At long last, the twins were reunited.

Amy teared up, "I missed you so much"

"I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye"

The three pairs of couples (including Sofia and Antonio) were on their way to America by night's end.

Throughout the journey home, Amy would meet up with Andy who was closely followed by Laurie.

She watched as her sister fell deeper in love with their childhood friend and witnessed as Andy's love was reciprocated tenfold.

Amy observed the changes in Andy from being away all these years.

First of all, her sense of fashion was considerably different from the women in their society. It was classic of Andy to stay true to her personality in regards to the way she dresses: practical and unhinged from the rules of society.