Chapter Three: Another Human

Mark found after charging he was on a small cliff and from there was seeing a frog forcing a human off a train. "What can I do?" Mark thought. Then he remembered his curse. He tried thinking about fire and breathing it but got barely anything. "Damnit Work!" Mark said. The frog almost got the human off the train but she saved herself. "Breathe the fire!" Mark thought then he saw her fighting against it. He finally breathed fire after that. "Hey! MOVE!" Mark said. The human saw him and got up on the train and moved. He ran and jumped high from where he was and breathed enough fire to make a circle. "RUN!" Mark said as she just trusted him. However, the human stayed and watched the scene. Mark wasn't doing as much damage as he wanted. He expected the frog to run but it was still on the offense. He stopped breathing and pulled out his guitar. "I'll miss you my son" Mark said as he whacked the frog away with it and it finally got off the train safely.

Mark held out his guitar and said "IT WASN'T HIS TIME!" Mark said as he held the broken guitar. He let go of it and asked if the person was okay. "Yeah. How did you do that" The person said. "A salamander cursed me and now I breathe fire. My name is Mark by the way. What's yours" Mark asked with a kindred smile, hiding the pain he was in. "Anne." Anne said. "It's nice to meet you Anne. Anyhow, who was that trying to kill you?" Mark asked.

"Fighting trainer turned criminal" Anne said. "Ah. Well you're safe now." Mark said. "How did you get here?" Anne asked. "I can already tell you, that it's the same way you got here" Mark said as he pulled out his box. "This is my way home and back. I'm looking for a way back right now with my current materials" Mark said as he pulled out a bag filled with things meant for finding a way home.

Mark offered a handshake and Anne accepted it. After that a pink frog and pollywog come out of one of the hatches on the train.

Time Skip

"Have you made any progress with the music box?" Mark asked. "Nope. Our best shot of knowing how to go home right now is in newtopia" Anne replied. "Well then Anne, I've gotten all I can from here for now. I got to keep moving every step of the way to find a way home. It was good to talk to another human while being here. I'll try looking for your friends on my way" Mark said as he started looking at his list and map. "You can't. The mountains are impenetrable this time of year. It's not possible" Anne said.

Mark sighed and said "I have a different possible lead but I could end up getting another curse. I can go to the salamanders since they figured out the fire door" Mark said. "Fire Door?" Anne asked. "I'll debrief you another day about this" Mark said as he left with his information and went to the salamanders. "Wait! I'll come too." Anne said. "No. I have a reputation with them already. It's safer if you stay here." Mark said. "It's better if we stick together" Anne retorted. Mark sighed and made the hand gesture to follow him. Anne left with the pink frog and pollywog behind her

Mark walked all the way there with everyone looking tired and sad with mark looking like he's done this his whole life. They made it in a sort of quick time and mark stops at the outpost. "The Salamanders Are Dire To Learn The Way Of Fire" Mark said as the door appeared and mark opened it without feeling any pain this time. "SALAMANDERS!?! They haven't been seen for thousands of years! Everyone thought they were extinct!" The pink frog said. Mark opened the door, without it burning him this time, and walked in with the gang and went to the curse shop. "I'm not into any of your games, old man. I'm looking for the way the entrance to here exist and that's it!" Mark said. "I'm not telling you anything until you accept your our champion. Until you accept that core thing, I deny to help you" Quinn said with a smile. "This is why I hate old people sometimes! Uggh. Fine I'll accept your "champion" crap as long as you tell me" Mark said. Quinn smiled even more and went to the back of his shop.

He returned with two swords. Light in weight, sharp as possible and almost unbreakable with a tree pattern on the hilts leading to the blade itself and coming from a get at the direct bottom of the blade. "Take these and I'm accompanying you on this trip so I can teach you how to use your powers properly" Quinn said. Mark sighed and thought "As long as I get out of here with everyone else, sure." Besides, Mark wanted to know what power he meant other than fire. He was given a compass with runes on the outer edges of it and a hole at its side. Quinn packed his stuff and followed Mark. He walked out of the door looked at the compass. "How do you use it" Mark asked. "Put a item into it and concentrate about where you want to go. It will do the rest" Quinn said. Mark couldn't find anything so he blew into the compass with fire. The compass spun very fast and floated up. It spun for awhile until a ding was heard.

A door of fire appeared and then words appeared. "What is the key?" The words said. Quinn whispered at a quiet as can be volume and said "give it a code word to open it" Quinn said. "Door one" Mark said as the words dissipated. The group with them were amazed by every moment of this. They were making doors out of thin air and made more progress than they've made in months in mere days. He opened it with it not burning him again. The door led to a tower of sorts. "Where did you make it go to" Quinn asked mark. "Another human. They might know a little bit more" Mark replied. He walked in and went with Quinn, however, Anne tried walking in and it acted as a wall. The pink frog and pollywog tried and the same happened. Mark felt like he knew it wasn't working. Because he didn't want them going through. "Anne! You gotta figure stuff out without me for a bit. I can't risk you or your friends on this trip. You guys could get eaten by a bird, cursed by this guy, or worse" Mark said. "You can't do this Mark! We will be fine" Anne pleaded. "Sorry Anne. I can't risk losing anyone. It would be safer if we went separate ways until I come back" Mark said. "I cannot stress enough how I don't want anyone I care about to get hurt" Mark said as the door closes.

"Ok Quinn. What's this place?" Mark said. "The south toad tower. Relatively close to the mountains that are impenetrable this time of year. They'll be hostile without a doubt when seeing you" Quinn said. "Alright old man. Listen, I hate you but you want to help me so let's compromise. I'll try to accept your help and forgive you cursing me against my will if you teach me how to fight the toads if they attack. Do we have a deal" as mark holds his hand out "We do have a deal" as he shakes his hand in agreement

—————-

Soo. Just figured out I got the episodes mixed up 😓

I'll fix it when I can