Chapter 14: Meeting The King

Cut to Mark and Marcy walking in Newtopia with Tones on Mark's shoulder, Sleeping.

Mark: You fought a cult? All I've done is fight a giant heron and weasel.

Marcy: You've fought a heron?!

Mark: Isn't that normal? I figured it was.

Mark thought everything he's done was normal besides toad tower. The fact that fighting a heron was uncommon could be bad for him.

Marcy: No! Everyone is scared of herons here!

Mark: I guess I'm just special.

Mark scratched his head.

Marcy: Well have you seen two people named Anne and Sasha

Mark: Yeah. Anne's on her way here and I don't know where Sasha is as of now.

Marcy: Really?!

Marcy was going to ask more question but was more curious of a different subject.

Marcy: How did you get here if everyone is still on their way?

Mark pulled out his compass and blew fire into it. The gate opened to the Newtopia walls.

Marcy: OH MY GOSH! WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?! CAN I GO THROUGH IT?!

Mark: Don't try. It only works for-

Marcy tried running through the gate but gets hit by an invisible barrier, making her drop on the floor

Mark: Me. This one is multiple people.

Mark handed his old compass to Marcy.

Marcy: So do you just blow into it?

Mark: Whatever you put in the hole, the door will be made out of it.

Marcy: Then how did you-

Mark coughed fire on purpose. While that happened, the gate he had opened for demonstration closed.

Marcy: YOU CAN BREATHE FIRE?!

Mark could see excitement in Marcy's eyes.

Mark: I can do a little bit more but I need an open space for any more tricks.

Marcy got a little less excited but was still very excited.

Mark: Where are we going?

Marcy: We're going to King Andrias. He should probably have some answers for you.

Mark: Do you think he's gonna have answers? About my Box?

Marcy: Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Without the music box, there not much to be done. Maybe we can-

Marcy tripped on a giant flight of stairs.

Mark: Marcy!

Mark ran down the stairs with his new speed. If this was him when he was newly in amphibia, He would've never made it. But him now could close the gap and grab Marcy before she hit a stair.

Mark: Are you okay?

Marcy: I'm fine.

Marcy stood up herself and started walking again.

Marcy: Thank-

She fell down Again. What happened before repeated itself.

Marcy: Thank you.

Marcy stood up again and walked once more. The trip through the stairs was silent until they were about to reach the throne room.