Chapter 4: Justice

Quinn was ecstatic to hear mark would finally listen to him. "You really don't need much. Just use your fire and you're bound to win" Quinn said. Mark sighed and decided to listen. He walked over to the tower. There were two toads in the way of the front gate. Mark saw them but kept moving. They eventually saw him and said "HALT HUMMUS!" As they held their spears up to his neck. Mark sighed again as he said "Oh no! I have a really bad case of fire breath. Whatever shall I do." Unenthusiastically as possible as he started breathing fire everywhere.

The guards ran inside allowing Mark to follow them in. "I heard a human might be here! Where are they?!" Mark said as he blew another gust of fire. Half of them ran and some stayed with their eyes glowing a purplish-red. "Ok. There are ways to do this. This is just the easy way for me." Mark sighed as he sprinted towards the guards and slashed one of his swords at the toad, causing it to tumble and fall to the ground.

He kept sprinting towards every toad in sight, while taking minimal damage. The whole crowd was wiped out except for... A toad with a goofy hat? Mark walked towards the toad and said "I'm willing to let everyone go as long as they're not in my way. Right now, I need you to tell me where the human in this tower is or I'm cooking roasted toad tonight" while cracking his knuckles. The toad screamed, ran, and played instruments while doing so. He face palmed himself and went higher up in the tower.

"Stupid tower. It's like a giant game of jangi. Unnecessarily convoluted, tall, and looking like its gonna fall off any second" Mark said as he kept climbing the tower. He fought a few more toads and eventually made it to a prison area. He saw a toad who looked like he was scarred in one eye. He looked like he was talking to someone.

Mark hid around some barrels and waited until the toad left. Unluckily, another toad came. "Captain Grime! A Intruder is here! We think it's another hummus! There are also two herons!" The toad said. "Lock down the tower! Send a quarter of the tower looking for the human and the rest to protect the tower" Grime said as the toad saluted and left.

The person looked out of the barred window in their cell. "A bird. You guys are afraid of a bird?" The person said. "It's not just a bird, it's a heron. A murderous predator that just happens to like the taste of flesh" Grime replied. "Cute." The person said. "The most important thing is we don't make a sound." Grime said

At the bottom of the tower, the toad with the goofy hat was screaming and using his instruments. "PERCY! STOP!" they both said while being quiet. "IM NOT GOING BACK IN THERE!" Percy said as a heron looked at him and Percy noticed the heron. Percy ran and the heron bit the drum he had on his back. He ran all the way back into the tower. "Don't lead them here you fool!" Grime said as he grunted and slapped his face.

"Okay. I've over welcomed my stay. I'm good now he said as he used his compass. It spewed a flame and showed a timer. "00:05:49". "Are you kidding me? I gotta take the stupid bird down so I can save this person. Even then, Quinn could die, giving me more reason." Mark said as he came out of hiding and went to the cell. "Hey, come with me. I know a way out-" Mark was cut off because he knew this person. "Sasha"

Flashback

"Mom! I don't like this school! What if everyone hates me! I don't want to be here" Mark said. "Look. At least try this one. The move has been hard for everyone mark" His mom said. "Okay. I'll try for you" Mark said reluctantly. He left the car and walked into the school. He awkwardly waved to everyone and made it into the school.

He had looked down while thinking about the move. He ended up bumping into someone using a skipman and falling onto the floor. "Sorry. My name is Mark. I just moved here so I'm new. Who are you?" Mark said while getting up and giving a hand. "Marcy. We haven't seen a new person here in approximately 3 years, 7 months, 5 weeks, and 2 days!" Marcy said.

"Wow. You have a amazing memory to remember all of that. Or really good at math." Mark said as they both got up. While pulling Marcy up, there was someone watching them. "Anyway, I'll see you around" Mark said as he walked away. The school day for mark was basic. Dismissal happened and he walked home. "Hey!" A person said. Mark turned around to see it was the person who was watching him earlier.

"What is it?" Mark said. "Stay away from Marcy and Anne" the person said. "Who's Anne?" Mark said confused. He didn't want any trouble. "This is a warning" The person said as she grabbed Marks hand and snapped his fingers. A few more people came from behind her. "Crap. Run." Mark thought as he turned around but another guy came from behind and punched him. The rest came and started hitting him. "This is a message from Sasha" one of them said as he got punched again and lost a tooth. "Why..." mark groaned as all of them left.

The bullying never stopped from that day. Usually ending with mark being injured or out of breath from running, allowing him to have amazing stamina and speed along with a resistance to being hurt.

Back to regular timeline

"If I knew it was you here I wouldn't have come here at all. I honestly don't think I should help you." Mark said. "I could die! What do you mean!?!" Sasha said. "And you sent people who beat me near death everyday. By the way my fake tooth is doing just fine." Mark said while he smiled to show his tooth. "I'll leave. Just not with you. Think of this as... Justice." As he walked away from the cell. "Just know, your decisions got you here. Cya" Mark said as Sasha kept shaking the bars to be let out