Chapter 15: The Bagel Friday (One Shot (Kinda))

Two weeks had passed in Newtopia. In the time that passed, Mark bought the biggest house he could find on the market and bought everything he could find with no bugs in it. Living quite the happy life. Most of the time he was in the castle playing D&D with Marcy or training with Yunan. As of right now he was sitting on top of the Newtopia walls with Marcy. Tones was on Marcy's lap. Sleeping.

Marcy: So he sleeps a lot?

Mark: Yeah. He's a fan of that. His name is Tones.

Marcy: Why that name?

Mark: He told me to call him that. He's less of a pet and more of a partner. I wouldn't cross him though. He's a handful.

Marcy: Okay... Oh! I just realized I never asked for your name.

Mark: Well I have a name everyone calls me by but that's not my real name. My other name is Mark. My actual name is Na-

Marcy looks at something from over the walls.

Marcy: There's barbariants.

Mark: Again?

Marcy pulled out bags filled with oil and threw them at them. The bag exploded at them and Mark followed up by shooting fire and setting the oil alight. The barbariants ran away from the fire.

Mark: I'll meet you down there.

Marcy used her crossbow and shot an arrow attached to rope. She attached part of the rope to an nearby pillar. She dropped Tones on Marks shoulder and used a hook to zip line down. Mark jumped down by himself.

Mark: Cursed!

He transformed into a dragon just like toad tower. He glided down with his wings and landed on the water... Where Marcy followed by falling on his back.

Mark: Cursed.

With an enormous puff of smoke, Mark had turned back into his "human" form. Marcy was on his back but she stood up on her own while tones was still on Mark's shoulders. While looking at where the fire previously was, he saw the plantars and Anne. Next to a wagon for some reason.

Marcy: Okay, so, Newtopian rope can hold an average human girl for, uh, 2.3 seconds. Maybe I could reinforce the rope with ironspider silk to increase the tensile strength.

Anne: Marcy?

Marcy: Anne?

Anne: Marcy!

Marcy: Anne! Oh! Anne? Is that really you?

Anne: Marcy! I can't believe it!

Marcy: You, me, here?

Anne: I know! I know! I missed you so much!

Marcy: Oh, I missed you too!

Polly: Aw...

Anne: Look at you. Look at this outfit. You're like an Amazon warrior queen or something.

Marcy: I know, I know, right? It's nuts! This is real!

Anne: Yeah, very real.

Marcy: Ah, sorry! Isn't this place wild? What an adventure. Aw, man! I've really grown out here, Anne. Come into my own. Leveled up. No more clumsy, klutzy Marcy. Can you believe it?

Anne: Your cloak's on fire.

Marcy: What? Help!

Anne: Don't swing it around!

Hop Pop: So, Anne, who's your friend?

Marcy: Note to self: nonflammable cloak, preferable.

Anne: You guys, meet Marcy!