Chapter 9: Fight Me!

It had been a few weeks of training and mark had improved beyond belief. He could now last minutes to even hours against Xander. He tried during every spar but could never beat him. Cut to Mark and Xander drinking water at the castle.

Xander: Maybe you'll beat me this time.

Mark: Possible but when I do, I gotta go to the toads and frogs then newts.

Xander: Why though? And who to?

Mark: To stop something. Something very powerful and fierce. As for who, I'm meeting Captain beatrix, and General Yunan.

Xavier almost chokes on his water.

Xander: YUNAN?! No! I refuse to train someone who interacts with that, that TOAD!

Mark: I need to! If I don't I won't be ready!

Xander looks at mark with disappointment.

Xander: Get out.

Mark looks shocked and fearful

Mark: What?

Xander: GET OUT OF MY HOME!

Mark walks away in sadness after his lost apprenticeship. Jade waits for him outside the castle while Xander screams and yells.

Jade: You talked about Yunan huh?

Mark nodded.

Jade: Look, they had some beef that begun during the sand wars. All I know is Xander was hurt by her. And you can't patch anything up with them this time of year. The mountains would stop you and your compass only goes so far.

Mark was saddened but didn't want to give up hope. It was at this point he had gotten a idea.

Mark: XANDER!

Silence echoed

Mark: FIGHT ME!

Xander peers over the castle wall.

Xander: YOU BETRAYED ME!

Mark: THEN FIGHT ME SO WE CAN GET OVER THIS!

Xander looks into his eyes and the spark within them. The gates opened and Mark went in.

Jade: Good luck.

Mark: Thanks.

The gate closes and mark makes it to the courtyard. Xander is there with a real rapier.

Mark: Cursed

Mark transforms into his cursed form.

Xander: I knew you were special, besides being from another world.

Mark: Let's set the terms, If I win, I can see Yunan without you getting pissed.

Xander looks dead serious.

Xander: If I win, you never come here again and you can't see Yunan.

Mark: Then the terms are set.

Xander: 3...

Mark: 2...

Both: 1!

Mark: Game!

Xander dashed and thrusted his rapier into mark's blades. The rapier changed direction and mark blocked with the scales on his hands.

Xander: That form is pretty nifty. Maybe you'll beat me this time. You're not even pulling out all the stops.

Mark parried the next wave of thrusts by Xander.

Mark: I just can't hurt my teacher, y'know?

Xander clashed swords with Mark for some time.

Xander: There is no mercy in battle. Use everything.