Chapter 11: Revenge (Pt. 1)

Mark clapped in response.

Mark: Congrats! On whatever that is. I'm just doing my own thing as usual.

Anne looked at mark and squinted at him for some time. Then she looked at the map on the floor.

Anne: Where do you go? You usually aren't here most of the time.

Mark: It sounds like one of those anime journeys. You sure?

Anne nods her head.

Mark: Ehem, I'm training around the strongest people in amphibia.

Anne gasped

Anne: But why?

Mark started etching grief on his face.

Mark: ... Self Defense.

Anne: So that's a map of the places you need to visit?

Mark: Yep. Got if from salamanders.

Anne looks at mark before leaving and says one more thing.

Anne: You should come to the party for me. I hope you're there.

Anne leaves and mark is there in thought. Mark got up and walked a few steps forward. Then something happened. The floorboards disintegrated and the bricks moved into a space behind them. The entire basement turned into a blue space with black stars.

Mark: WHAT THE FUCK?!

The space reformed and turned into a room with a small dragon with blue eyes.

???: Hello.

Mark: Who are you?! What just happened?!

Mark went on like this for awhile

???: I'm the cosmic guardian, call me Tones. I've just brought you here for awhile.

Mark: So you're god? Am I dead?

Tones: You aren't dead. I mean you can't die anyway.

Mark raised an eyebrow but ignored it.

Mark: Why am I here?

Tones: I'm to accompany you. I see you as someone who could possibly succeed me as the new guardian. Also, you were very interesting to me!

Mark: How so?

Tones: That will be talked about later. But you'll see me out there. Hopefully, I'll find a successor in you or Anne.

Mark: How's Anne related in this?

Before he was heard, the room reverted to the basement. The small dragon was gone and had appeared in front of him, sleeping.

Mark looked at it with a wry smile. It was cute to see it sleeping. He would have enjoy the moment but screams filled outside.

Mark: The hell?

Mark grabbed his dual blades and ran out the plantar family home. Outside was smoke, some embers, and the sound of marching.

Mark: NO!

Mark (Thinking): Was it Tones doing?!

Mark ran to the town as fast as he could to see toads marching into town.

Mark: Where's the leader?!

He looked everywhere until he reached outside the town. Seeing Anne and a human that could only fill him with rage. With sheer hatred.

Mark: Sasha. Cursed.

Mark transformed for the first time in weeks. His transformation was different. It was less human and more beastly.