Chapter 13: Origins

Mark got up out of the basement whilst tones followed.

Mark: Remember the plan?

Tones: You found me when you were flying back.

Mark: Good.

Mark went up the stairs and went out the house to where everyone who lived here was. At a wagon. Tones had followed.

Mark: What's going on here?

Anne: The Mountains finally cleared up!

Mark: Really?!

His eyes opened widely as Anne and the family could see his eyes at the moment.

Anne: What happened to you eyes?

Mark: The same thing that happened to my hair and skin. There's only one more change after this one.

The plantars looked at him up and down and came to the conclusion it was just a human thing.

Mark: But anyhow, What's on the agenda?

Anne: Well, I'm supposed to give this key to chuck.

Hop pop: Well we'll leave you kids to it.

The plantars went inside.

Mark: Well, I'm gonna be at the cove today. Just don't get into trouble.

Mark used his compass and blew into it. The gate appeared and mark and tones went through it. The other side of the gate was Quinn's Shop. He went inside to see Quinn at the front desk, getting something from under his desk

Mark: Quinn!

Quinn: Who is-

Quinn sees mark

Quinn: I see you've come along well. Catch kid.

Quinn threw mark a compass. One similar to the one he usually uses.

Quinn: It took 5 weeks to make that. It has better range so you can make it to newtopia right now and no cooldown.

Mark: Yes!

Quinn: But only you can use it. If someone touches the door or tries to go through, they stay where they're at.

Mark's face soured.

Mark: Why?!

Quinn: Range or Cooldown! Which one would you sacrifice for multiple people to go through? I can't add everything!

Mark was pained to hear this was the short way to go. Mark looked the new compass up and down and blew fire into it. The gate opened the same way it usually did but the door had a different looking doorknob. He opened the door and went through with tones. Once he did. He saw a familiar face

Luos. Last third of power. I'm giving this so you survive the gate this time. It could kill you without this.

Luos held his hand out in usual fashion.

Mark: So every time you handed me power it was so-

Luos: You could survive far teleports? Yeah. With this, you should be able to survive big teleports now. But before that, I gotta hand you some info. Okay?

Mark: Sure.

Luos: Now the Toads, Frogs, And Newts all had champions that the salamanders learned about when they were studying the prophecy. They wanted their own champion so they killed a calamity dragon and compressed all of its scales down into a highly dense stone. They used magic to turn it into a glass like prism that could house power. After, they stole the original box, studied its properties, and made their own box.

Mark: Original?

Luos: The one with three stones instead of one.

Mark: Oh. Go on then.

Luos: Using the unlimited power of all three stones from the first box, they drained a large chunk of it and put it in this new stone. They called it the unity stone. When they were going to return the box, all hell broke loose. The owners slaughtered almost all the salamanders. All because they wanted things to be fair. These souls didn't die though. The souls stained the unity stone with their rage. Their hatred. It was no longer the stone of unity. It was the stone of Hatred.

Mark: so all this hate isn't directly from me?

Luos: Yes and No. Before I started giving power, that was your hate. To be honest, their hate compared to yours is like comparing dirt to a diamond.

Mark: That's a hard thing to learn about yourself but continue.

Luos: This stone having all the power of all three stones made it god like. The remaining salamanders had to hide it away so the hunters didn't use it to kill them. The salamanders didn't want to fight. They wanted peace. So they sent it to earth. Where they hoped no one would find it. But all those salamanders hate just made the stone all the more powerful, Drawing creatures of great hatred towards it. That's what I am. Power devised by hatred.

Mark: WAIT! Luos backwards is-!

Luos: Soul. Im just the culmination of all those souls in one, easy to know package. So champion, we ask you to do us a favor. Bring an end to the one with the three red eyes so we may Rest In Peace and unity can be restored.

Luos grabbed marks hand and before mark could say a word, the pain began. The black veins appeared everywhere. His ears had become pointed, his hair was fully white, he became as pale as possible, and his horns had grown some more. The voices reached their climax as they were at their loudest.

Mark: I will...

Mark had managed another word to tell Luos he would complete his request before the darkness dissolved and he was at a gate to a castle town. Tones was looking at mark.

Tones: Mortal, We're here.

Mark: This is Newtopia?

Mark looked at the gate for a couple seconds and saw a hooded person shoot an arrow connected to a rope at the ground next to him.

Mark: Hey!

The person used this mechanism as a zipline and dropped to the ground immediatly.

Figure: Okay, so, Newtopian rope can hold an average human girl for, uh, 2.3 seconds. Maybe I could reinforce the rope with ironspider silk to increase the tensile strength.

Mark: Wait a minute... I know that voice... Marcy!

Out of all the people here, he knew marcy. The first person he met when going to saint james.

Marcy: Whoa my gosh!

Marcy ran towards mark.

Marcy: Who are you? Why are your eyes like that? What's with the horns? Who's your dragon friend?

Tones and Mark weren't exactly happy with this.

Mark: We met at Saint James. I was the new kid.

Marcy: New kid? How did you get here? Why do you look like this?

Mark was bombarded by questions.

Mark: Look, I came here with a music box and was cursed day one of being here. Now I look like this. I found him of a journey.

Marcy: Fascinating. So where did you find this other box?

Mark: Pawn Shop. It looked neat so I bought it.

Marcy: Me too!

Marcy asked millions of questions and mark had answers to most of them. They ended up going into Newtopia and talking about common interests.