𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗜𝗫࿐fieldtrips

↶*ೃ✧˚"𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲

↶*ೃ✧˚"𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲." ❃ ↷ ˊ-  

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ .ೃ࿐

WHEN AURORA ARRIVED BACK IN her world, she noticed how Jack visibly seemed uncomfortable a majority of the time. It wasn't because of her, no, Jack had a lot on his mind and he didn't dare want to put that burden on Aurora.

However, Aurora didn't care about what Jack thought. She was his girlfriend now and she wanted to be there for him no matter what the consequence was. Slowly making her way to Jack's room, Aurora knocked on the door, hearing nothing but silence.

"Hey, Jack, it's Aurora. Can I come in?"

Silence still filled the air until she heard a whimper escape Jack's mouth, alerting her senses that something bad was happening. Inviting herself inside his room, Aurora saw Jack, shifting in his sleep, sweat dripping off his forehead.

"Jack? Hey, wake up." Aurora desperately tried to shake her boyfriend awake—but nothing was working. Having no other choice, Aurora poured some water in her hands from Jack's cup and splashed it thoroughly on his face, his body immediately jolting up from the sudden disturbance.

Jack's eyes glowed gold, alarmed by the threat—but once he saw Aurora holding her hands up in surrender, his posture quickly softened.

"Aurora? I-I'm sorry, I didn't know it was you in my room." Aurora scooted closer to Jack and she released a small smile, her hand gripping his with comfort.

"Don't worry, Jack. It's okay. Um, what were you dreaming about?" Aurora cautiously asked. She saw the discomfort in Jack's face and she didn't want to pry. "You don't have to tell me if you don't wan-"

"No, it's okay. Back in the other world, I told those people I would protect them...and I tried to save them, I really did—but I wasn't strong enough." Jack tightened his grip on Aurora's hands while reminiscing on the horrible memory.

"Jack, I don't really know what you went through over there, but what I do know, is that you are strong. And even when you are strong, things will happen and sometimes people will die. So whatever you're dealing with, it's not going to be just your problem, it will be our problem."

Jack lifted his lips into a small smile. After several seconds of comfortable silence, Jack pulled Aurora's body right next to him, soon embracing her in a tight hug.

"Thank you for being there for me, Aurora," Jack said while placing a firm kiss on her forehead. Aurora stayed in Jack's embrace and her head was rested on his chest, the sound of his soft heartbeats calming her body.

"Of course, Jack."  With the silence filling the room, Jack and Aurora both steadily started to drift off to sleep. A couple of hours went by and Jack was spooning Aurora's body, his body warmth acting as a blanket. Before they could get any more sleep, the sounds of Sam calling their name made both teenagers open their eyes abruptly.