×2×

I remember the day before the accident as clear as day

I remember the day before the accident as clear as day. Some might even say the calm before the storm.

It was the weekend and like every other weekend, mom and dad had planned on going out for their together time. Since the twins, Ace and Avery were born they have been busy all the time juggling the restaurant and the house was tough for both of them but they managed it TOGETHER. So, every Saturday evening we send them out to only return the next day evening. I managed the restaurant in their absence and the twins would accompany me there, the 7-year olds basically grew up around the restaurant so having them there had been helpful on some rare occasions.

This weekend was also supposed to be the same. They would leave at 3:00 pm after lunch and then would return the next day by 6:00 and then we would have dinner together in the restaurant like a family a happy family. But that weekend they returned earlier than expected and they bought company, people I thought I wouldn't have to see again.

The police with our parent's dead body.

Never thought the morning that started with blasting music in the kitchen while making pancakes would end with me crying on the floor of my bathroom.

Flashback

"Richard, have you booked the hotel rooms? I don't want to sleep in the car again like last time." Mom was all over the house packing and cross-checking with dad regarding anything and everything.

"YES" well that was everyone in the household excluding my mother since she had asked this a million times I think even the neighbors are convinced by now but she seems to really hate sleeping in the car.

"I was just crosschecking" mom muttered while walking to the kitchen where we all were huddled up.

Dad was holding a very emotional Avery. And I and Ace were sitting by the counter just listening to mom and dad's childish banter.

"I don't think mom and dad will leave today, " said Ace from beside me

''say what let's make a bet, I think mom and dad will leave in 10min 15 tops, dad looks done and just wants to go'' I challenged him with a smug smile, Ace was always up for bets.

His face lit up the moment I placed the challenge, he started calculating a response in his head one could see the gears turning inside his head.

'' if I win I get to pick the movie tonight '' I see what he Is doing here but there is no way he is going to win this one.

''Deal '' and his famous smirk came upon his face I gave him a skeptical look.

'' Get ready for some marvel marathon, I say they will leave after ½ an hour mom has not given me her goodbye kisses and warnings yet'' He did have a point but mom takes a whole lotta time in goodbye kisses but dad would start pulling her to the car the moment the warnings start the twins have been given the lecture earlier this morning so they won't take up much time.