×14×

(TW : Blood, Abuse, Manipulation, Panic attack )

The room I stood in was dark, pitch black.

The only light that illuminated the room was that of the moon seeping from between the small singular window present. It was open because I could feel the cool night wind caressing my body as I stood there in the corner lurking in my own darkness.

I could hear the loose floorboard creaking under me as I kept shifting my body to relieve myself of the tension that had encapsulated me in this room.

The sound of my shallow breaths was music to my ears- because it meant I was alive.

My hands wrapped around me as I pushed myself more toward the corner of the room I was lingering over as if my darkest fears had cornered me for confession.

My eyes ran around the room trying to find something I would recognize; trying to figure out where the hell I was.

Beads of sweat rolled down the nape of my neck and a mist of them collected on my forehead but I was too scared to wipe it out, scared that if I move an inch something bad would happen, trying to be invisible in hopes that I go unnoticed.

Just when I had spotted a shadow by the edge of the window I heard a very horrific sound, one that had me holding my breath.

Sound of chains rattling.

And it was deathly close to where I was standing. In fear, my hand flew to cover my mouth, scared that the sound of my breaths would lead it to me.

I suppressed the whimper that was stuck in my throat as the rattling sound got louder; like something was trying to move. The small ray of light guided my vision as I tried to look for the source of this sound.

My eyes landed on a shaking silhouette on the floor, it was hard to say what it was... an animal? A human? Dead? Alive?

Tears threatened to spill out my eyes as my hands tightened over my mouth, wtf was happening?

A gulped down the useless cries of help that were hanging by my tongue and decided to just accept my fate.

But all my senses rose ten folds when I heard the echoing sound of footsteps with that of creaking wood from above me but eyes widened in fear when I heard the sound of something hard following its footsteps.

Suddenly the footsteps stopped.

The sound of my suppressed breaths and the now restless chain rattling combined into one in my head but they both were dimmed down in contrast to the sound of slow rhythmic tapping that vibrated through my body.

All my fears were heightened when I heard the sound of the switch clicking and all of a sudden, the one light bulb that hung in the middle of the room lit up and ate away the darkness.