×7×

"Oh Sephoraaaa where are you?" the melodious voice of a lady rung through the dark house "Where could she be hiding" her voice was as sweet as nectar and had a playful tone to it

The sound of sudden giggles could be heard echoing through the long halls of the room, the sound of happiness in contrast to the dark and gloomy atmosphere of the house.

A slight movement in the corner of the room caught the attention of the young lady, the small silhouette of the person was visible behind the crème colour curtains. The young woman smiled to herself as she spotted her little giggling angel.

"oh no I think I lost her, I should go up to her room maybe she is there" there was a sort of fake wonder in her voice that the small child fell for, the lady discretely hid behind the couch that was facing the curtain as her back pressed against the plush material of the furniture and her bare feet against the cool wooden floor a rare smile dancing on her face and her frock bunched up on her knee as she was crouched down on the floor the women set her trap.

The child being innocent as always peeped out of the curtains and when found no one out slowly pushed one of her small feet out the curtain, her tiny hands bunched the curtain material in her hands and pushed it aside as she slowly walked out of her hideout.

The girl was still careful in her movements as she knew the game of hide and seek was not to be taken lightly. Walking on the tip of her toes the girl slowly descended forward towards her next hideout,

The couch

She crouched down in front of the piece of furniture oblivious to the fact that her opponent was on the other side. Her palms pressed down on the soft material as she pushed herself onto it. The couch creaked under the weight as it was old and worn out. She ducked her head down and pressed her nose into the cushion as she was on the lookout for her enemy.

The cushion reeked of alcohol and smoke; a sort of moldy texture in some parts covered in dust and dirt and huge patches of spills, some even as red as blood. The girl was not affected by this smell as she had grown accustomed to it, for now, the only thing which went through her mind was 'do not get caught'.

Unknown to the little girl the lady was getting ready to make known of her presence and to end the game in her favor. When she saw the head of the girl peeking out from the front of the couch, she took that as her chance and jumped up from behind her hideout.

"CAUGHT YOU"

The small girl shrieked and fell back onto the couch as the lady jumped onto her and immediately started tickling the little one, the usually lonely house filled with laughs and giggles of both the girls, and for a moment it felt as though their light of sunshine had brightened the house.

"Mommy s-stop" the young girl wheezed out in between laughs; her raven black hair sprawled out on the sofa as her stormy grey eyes shone with happiness.