×5×

Some time had passed the twins were not crying but they weren't smiling either they both sat curled up beside Sephora as she was answering the officer's questions

"-so your grandparents are not in the picture?" the officer asked as she wrote down whatever answers she was getting from them.

"No dad's parents died a few months before the twins were born and mom's parents had disowned her after she had me so I've never met them" Sephora tried to answer any questions they had. She just wanted all of this to be over and done with so that would be left alone with her siblings, but as time went on people around the neighborhood started talking things only got worse.

Almost the entire neighborhood was out of their houses and was lingering around our house. neighbor's and my parent's friends were already in the house with us to show their support, I wish they would show their support by leaving us alone.

"And the only relatives you are in touch with are your uncle and aunt, William and Olivia Carson right?"

"Yes," They had been informed about the accident soon after they told me. The officers informed me that they both were on their way, to be honest, I couldn't care less.

William was always closed off towards us he never liked us and made sure we understood that, I always hated the occasional family gatherings we had dad used to say that it was essential for us to be in touch, he loved his brother a lot but William never showed it back he was never an older brother to my father. Aunt Olivia on the contrary is very loving and caring she treats us as her own and always makes sure we are comfortable with her, as she didn't have kids of her own she would take us under her wing whenever we visited I always have loved her she is like a second mother to me and an older sister to mum or was.

The twins adore her they love spending time with their aunt Via and she never failed to spoil them. Maybe having aunt Via would be a good thing the twins need a motherly embrace and she is the perfect person for that.

"That's all I have Miss Carson, there are some legalization works to be done and your uncle and aunt have to be present during that so we will continue once they arrive, is that alright with you?" I could feel the hesitation in her voice as if she was afraid I would explode, I didn't blame her when I myself doubted it.

"I'm alright with that" I tried to talk as little as I could afraid that I might trigger the bomb, that I might explode.

"Okay, I'll leave you to it then. Again, I am very sorry for what happened please accept my deepest condolences" she looked down at as with such pity that it was shameful, a broken family a young confused girl who now has the responsibility of both her younger siblings on her shoulder and their future it was a recipe for disaster, maybe she wasn't looking at me in pity maybe she was looking at Ace and Avery they now had to endure me their fate lied in my hands in the hands of someone unresponsive. She didn't feel bad for me she felt bad for them because they were stuck with me. I felt enraged, how could she think so low of me but then again in some dark corner of my mind a voice whispered in my ear that she was right and in that moment of weakness and uncertainty I agreed with that voice.