Chapter 2

Harvey

The color drained away from Miguel's face. I felt the skin of his palm going cold as the call ended. He looked like he was on the verge of having a panic attack. I immediately sat up and gripped his bicep.

"Hey, Miguel. Breathe." I instructed.

He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them. His beautiful brown eyes were filled with panic. "Jesus Christ. I can't breathe."

"You are doing fine," I reassured him softly. "What happened?"

"They said he got hit by a car. My best friend." His voice sounded pained, and his eyes teared up, but I don't think he noticed.

"They tell you how he is?" I asked, as calm as I could.

He shook his head. "They told me he's at St. Patrick's. What if it's serious? What if he-" His voice breaks before he could finish that thought.

Miguel had seemed younger than me when I had met him at the bar. But right now, he almost looked like a lost child. It made me want to reassure him that everything was going to be fine. Instead, I started to button-up my shirt. I made him move a little and got up from the bed to find his shirt. It was on the floor, so I picked it up and handed it to him.

"Don't worry. I will drive you there. Okay?" I said.

He shook his head. "That's fine. I can just get a-"

"Not happening. Not while you are like this. I have a car for a damn reason." I told him, leaving no room for argument. I was not letting him walk out of here alone in this state.

We made our way to my car. I drove the car as fast as I could while keeping the speed limit. Miguel fidgeted next to me. "You know this friend for a long time?"

Miguel smiled warmly. "Since we were kids. He's family."

Jesus. That must be hard. To hear that somebody you care for deeply has been hurt. My heart hurts for him. I didn't say anything more all the way till the hospital. The moment I parked the car, he turned to me. "I am very sorry. You were probably-"

"I am not sorry at all. Now go, your friend's waiting."

He nodded one last time before running out the door. I hope his friend is fine. A part of me was a bit disappointed that I didn't get to be with that man, after all he was extremely hot. And sweet. But I was more concerned about him and his friend. I just about decided to wait till they were out, but that would have been creepy. Moreover, I had no way of knowing when they were going to come out. I had a class to teach in the morning.

I sighed as I turned the car around. The whole drive back home, I was on edge. Worried about how Miguel was. If that friend of his was okay or not. It was none of my business, but it still felt like it was. When I think about how he had looked, lost and scared, I felt like I needed to know.

We probably wouldn't meet each other ever again. I probably won't even remember him a few days from today. Okay, that was a lie. It's hard to forget someone that hot and that good at kissing. Nevertheless, I needed to put him out of my mind. Besides, I was starting a new job tomorrow. I needed to be at my best. It was time to get home and sleep the day off.

Miguel

The receptionist lady seemed to be very unconcerned about the way I had frantically asked her to direct me to where Mathias Raid was, and she had clicked something on her computer before directing me to the ER. I had literally run there, not even bothering to check if the lady had heard my "Thank You". The ER wasn't far, and I was lucky enough to spot Davis and Alfred there. Making my way to them, I pushed a person aside gently.