Chapter 6

Miguel

The whole cab ride, I cursed myself. If I had kissed him, he would have kissed back. I wanted to, I really wanted to, but if I did, it wouldn't stop there. Harvey wasn't someone who'd back down once he started something, and neither was I. We wouldn't stop, and I had a cab waiting for me.

"Dude? You wanna poop or something, man?" Mathias asked.

I snapped my head towards him. "The hell?"

Mathias shrugged. "You look kinda stressed and constipated."

I shoved him with my elbow and Mathias made a guttural sound which I ignored. "I was just thinking."

"Nope. That's your 'I fucked up' face."

"No. It's not."

"Yeah. Okay." He scoffed.

I sighed, getting ready to lie. "Fine, I just feel like we might have burdened Harvey, ya know?."

"Dude! Are you kidding me!? The man's as good as someone gets. He wasn't mad at us."

Mathias wasn't wrong there. Harvey was a good man. It would have been easier if he wasn't. If he were a narcissistic A-class douchebag, I wouldn't want to press him up against a wall and kiss him till he couldn't breathe.

The rest of the cab ride was silent as Mathias was already half asleep and falling onto my shoulder. After all, we did have a long day. Looking at him, I felt a pang of sadness. This was the boy who I had grown up with, we'd kept each other safe and sound all this time. Since the time I'd met him when we were only nine, tiny and more bones than flesh in that foster home. I'd give my lungs away for this man, but I couldn't give away a small secret.

I sighed and looked out of the window at the damp streets and wet roads, though my mind was stuck on Harvey. His gold rimmed glasses covering clear gray eyes. Picturing what those eyes would look like glazed with lust. What his moans would sound like. I'm losing my mind, and all because of Harvey Ernest.

The cab stopped, and I shook Mathias by his arms. "C'mon you dumbass."

Mathias groaned. "Just carry me to my room."

"I'm gonna leave you here and the cab driver could end up being a serial killer, who'll torture you to death and dumb you in a haunted graveyard." I might have said it quietly, but the cab driver still heard it and snorted.

"Mr. Driver? You're not a serial killer, right?"

"No, pretty sure I'm not." The cab driver said with a chuckle.

"That's what they all say." I informed them both, making the driver chuckle again.

Mathias groaned again, but got out of the car. We paid the driver and made our way to the frat house. The guys were all mostly asleep as we went up to our rooms. I fell back onto my bed and looked up at the ceiling. I should probably get changed, but my clothes smelled like Harvey and that was driving me nuts.

There was no denying it. I wanted Harvey, badly. I wanted to run my hands down his body. I wanted to feel him pressed against me, again. The image of him under me, looking at me like he had that night with lust and excitement of what we were going to do flashed through my mind. Desire coursed through me like a bolt of electricity going through water. I closed my eyes shut and inhaled deeply, hoping to clear my head. I can't play with my or his future just because I wanted him in my bed.

Harvey

I had fallen asleep on my couch, which meant that I had forgotten to put my alarm either. So, I had to rush everything to make it on time for class. This still didn't stop me from thinking about Miguel or being nervous about meeting him today after what happened between us last night.