Chapter 3

Harvey

When I thought I would never see him again, I might have thought too soon. Like way too soon; because I was damn sure that he was one of my students since he was in my class.

The moment I saw him sitting at the back of the class, I was paralyzed. Miguel had looked just as surprised. Next to him, another boy was seated with a plaster on his end, which I am guessing is the friend who had the accident. I was pleased to see that he was fine.

"Nice to meet you all. I am Harvey Ernest. You must have all heard about your previous professor taking a temporary maternity leave, I'll be filling her spot for the next six months." I announced with a smile.

It was hard to focus on taking class with the knowledge that the guy you almost had sex with was sitting in it. I can't believe that I just about got involved with one of my students. This wasn't how I had planned this going. Each time my eyes met his during the class, my pulse sped up, and I was reminded of everything all over again.

We both needed to have a talk, as soon as the class got over. Time never felt so dragged out. Somehow, I made it through the class without giving away how conscious I was about Miguel.

When the class ended, I had looked right at Miguel, hoping that he would get the message. Miguel said something to his friend. The friend gave him a skeptical look before leaving the classroom. Miguel gave it a few seconds before walking up to my desk. And damn if my eyes didn't trace his profile.

"I swear to God, I thought shit like this only happened in movies." He said.

I nodded, unable to hold back a smile. "No shit."

"I should have known," He said, making me raise my eyebrows at him in question. "You had this whole sexy professor in porn videos aesthetic going on from the beginning."

I burst out laughing. "Did you just call your professor a porn star?"

"I also almost had sex with my professor too. I've already broken the moral codes. I never thought I'd say this, but I am grateful to Mathias."

Mathias, that was his friend's name. Miguel had looked so worried about him yesterday. "How is your friend? He seemed okay."

"He fractured his arms and the coach lost his shit, but we're fine for now."

"Coach?"

"We're football players."

I looked him up and down. I had wondered about that when I had seen him sitting at the bar, and then I had felt it when his body was pressed against mine, he had the body of a well-trained athlete. "I had guessed as much."

He gave me a crooked grin. "Yeah. I am not exactly subtle."

We both just smiled at each other before I remembered that we couldn't be like this. I needed to have the 'we never happened' conversation with him. "Talking about subtle, we need to keep what happened between us just between us."

"Yeah, last night never happened. For both our sake, I'm not exactly out."

He seemed a little sad while saying that and, and a little embarrassed. I felt bad for him. Football wasn't really a place where you could just be out and proud. People made it seem like it was all about being brave enough but what they don't get is the need to keep yourself safe from hate. Or the statistical percentage of hate crimes.

He seemed to shrug off whatever he was thinking, and gave me a gentle smile. "I never got to really thank you for yesterday. It was really nice of you to drive me there."

I shrugged. "As I said, I have a car for a damn reason."

He chuckled and seemed to make him look relaxed. Miguel hadn't seemed to notice how people tended to be aware of his presence. After all, he was definitely over six feet and well muscled. Dark bedhead hair, longer than necessary, making it slightly curl over his ears and a small scar over on his right eyebrow. I had wanted to kiss that yesterday. He was definitely beautiful.