Chapter 14

Harvey

When I woke up, I realized I had a sticky note stuck to my forehead. Fucking Miguel. I took it and read it. An involuntary smile grazed my lips at his words. I immediately took my phone and messaged him to check if he talked to Mathias or not. He'd come to me looking like a kicked puppy last night. Not that I blamed Mathias for feeling the way he did.

The reply to my message only came after I was done drinking my coffee.

Miguel: Nope. He was out of the house before I even got up.

I sighed at my screen. If I knew Miguel as much as I thought I did, then he was miserable. All I wanted to do was drag these two boys into a room and lock them in there until they talked this out. Logically, I knew that me interfering in this wasn't going to solve anything, but that didn't mean I wasn't thinking it.

Me: He can't ignore you all day. There's practice, after all.

Harvey: yeah. Talk to you later.

There wasn't any point in contacting him again, so I got up and did my morning routine before heading off to work. Mathias didn't message me all through my classes. Knowing I shouldn't be worried didn't stop me from doing exactly that.

"Wow, you look like you just stepped on shit." A voice came from my doorway, filled with amusement.

I turned and saw Cameron grinning at me, and I rolled my eyes. "Asshole."

He chuckled. "Trouble in paradise?"

"Something like that."

"Well...seems like your little secret is getting more serious than intended, huh?"

My eyes widened. "Wha-? No. That's not..."

Cameron chuckled again as he made his way in. "Oh boy, for such a smart guy, you can be so oblivious."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Cameron shook his head at me. "Let's see... How many times, as of late, have you thought of ending it with this guy of yours as you said you would?"

I thought about it for a while and realized that it hadn't crossed my mind for a while and when it did, I had refused to think about it. "Sometimes."

Cameron smiled. "Fine. Why didn't you break up then?"

I looked at him. "I- it wasn't the time. He's having a bit of a problem now..."

"And now you are worried for him." Cameron finished my sentence.

I looked at him and Cameron smiled again. Oh, damn. I knew where this was going.

"Harvey..." Cameron said.

I grunted. "Fine. I get it. I like this dude, okay. But I can't."

Cameron smirked. The asshole. "So you keep saying."

Only if he knew. I contemplated telling him. It wasn't smart, but this was Cameron, and he was the last person who was going to judge me. Sighing, I leaned back in my chair and stared at him.

"Now you're just creeping me out." He said.

I scoffed. "I can't like this dude because he's a student."

There was a moment of silence before Cameron gaped at me. "Oh."

"Yeah." I confirmed.

He grinned. "So much makes sense now. How scandalous."

Now he was just pulling my leg. And by the expression on his face, he was thoroughly enjoying it too.

"God, I really shouldn't do this. Not just that it's morally wrong, but I could destroy his future."