Chapter 15

Miguel

Tequila had started fucking with my head, making me feel slightly dizzy but not drunk. Not yet. The music in the bar was a light hum in my ears. Yellow lights in the ceiling made everything look more expensive than it was. Mathias was grinning at me like he knew we were going to get in trouble. And I couldn't help but reciprocate.

“So… Professor Ernest, huh?” He started.

I groaned, closing my eyes. “Yes. Him.”

“How the fuck did you manage that? Like, honestly. That man's literally perfect. Totally hot too.”

I stared at him. He was right. I have no idea how I managed to get somebody as awesome as Harvey in my bed. We are both so different, and there's the thing about him being older and my professor.

“We met at a bar. The day you got into that accident.” I confessed.

Mathias's mouth fell open in shock before his expression turned smug. “The hickey. That was him?”

I felt myself blushing and he laughed. I grunted at him to save face, even though there was no point.

“So you slept with him way before you knew he was your professor?” Mathias asked.

“I didn't get to sleep with him because of your stupid ass.”

He snorted. “And then you went ahead and slept with your professor anyway.”

I took a shot of tequila instead of answering that. Mathias followed my lead and took a shot himself before facing me. “You like him. You more than like him.”

He said that like a statement. And as much as I would love to tell him to shove it, I knew he was right. I've never really lied to Mathias except for my sexuality, and I wasn't going to start now.

“It was just sex.” I murmured.

“Exactly. Was.” He pointed out.

A sound that was between a whine and a gasp rumbled out of my throat. “It's kinda impossible not to like him.”

Mathias smirked at me. “And there's also how you keep smiling at his texts.”

“His texts are funny, alright.”

“Is the sex good?”

I glared at him and he laughed. I smiled. “The best.”

Mathias turned serious then. “What happens when he has to leave? You know, he has like two? Three? Months left. After that, he's leaving.”

“I don't know. I didn't know he was going to matter so much to me.”

Mathias looked at me with a sympathetic expression that made me want to throw my tequila at his face and hug him and cry at the same time.

Harvey was going to leave. It's been on my mind for a while. He had a sick dad and a family to take care of. The coach had let slip that I might have a contract to sign soon, which would most probably make me end up shifting to New York. I'd be separated from Mathias, too. My brain was refusing to think about any of this.

“Whatever happens, I'll be here, ya know?” He said.

“I know.”

Thank God we had called for an Uber because by the time we'd made it to Harvey's house, we were dizzy and falling all over ourselves. Harvey opened the door after we rang the bell and stared at us for a moment before rushing us in.

“Water first. Sit on the couch.” He ordered both of us, making us sit on the couch and then heading off into the kitchen to get water.

“Professor Ernest! You better be giving Miguel a lot of sex! Don't hurt him, not unless he's into it! Wait, is he?” Mathias sputtered, turning his head towards the direction of the kitchen, well, the direction he thought the kitchen was at.