vi. Cigarettes

SIX                                        cigarettes             

ALICE SILENTLY SAT BEISDE POLLY WHO WAS SIPPING ON HER TEA AND READING THE DAILY PAPER WHILE ALICE LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AS USUAL.

It had been a routine for Alice, she would wake up and put on her finest dress and look out the window for a good hour or two and then head out to the Garrison to enjoy her simple time with grace who had giving her great company in Alice's opinion, but Thomas didn't trust Alice knowing her intentions and reasons why she stayed with the beautiful barmaid who also caught his attention.

So while Alice sat there looking out the window all polly would do was read silently, " so, what do you suggest we do? " asked Alice who looked at polly expectingly hoping she had something for them.

Polly lips kissed her teeth as she stood up and gently placed the glass cup in the sink as she turned around to the Shelby Shelby women, " you can visit your parents if it makes you feel any better. " suggested the women as she truer decided to leave but Alice stopped her. " but there just a bunch of gloomy shits, well expect my dear father. " said Alice as she looked at polly who awkwardly stood there with a tempting silence.

Tempting enough for Thomas to slam the door shut causing his aunt to then return to her normal stance and roll her eyes as she dropped down her crossed arms, " fuckin hell, " she whispered as she took a few steps near the entrance door and to Thomas who began taking his peaky hat as he then looked up at his aunt. " what the fuck did that door do to you?! " she asked angrily as she then slowly opened the door and closed it then hearing a crack causing her to sigh.

" oh Thomas your here— " announced Alice as she saw Thomas and had a look of slight disgust that she tried to hide but the two Shelby leaders noticed as clear as day. " where else the fuck I'd be ey Alice? " asked Thomas his voice dry and cold as he took a cigarette out from his pocket and lit it up and then looked at Alice who leaned on the side of the door with Polly watching the two with some sort of hidden Excitement.

" oh I don't know, fucking whores? " she said with a fake pout as Polly only quietly snickered as she then left the two who glared at one another. " fucking whores? " asked Thomas almost challenging her to continue which she did.

" yes I bet you were, carelessly moaning and thrusting into them with who knows, " she paused with a taunting smirk " your barley circumcised dick. " she said with a silent chuckle as she brought her jeweled hand to cover her mouth as she then laughed at Thomas who seemed to be much much more angrier then before.

Thomas stood there as she then took his cigarette and left up to room, he stood there before swearing Under his breath and grabbing his peaky hat and fixing his coat and headed down to the garrison

It had been a few weeks since Alice last saw her family who hadn't bothered to call to see if she was alright or if she was settling in well, something she wasn't doing well. She was hurt that her father hadn't even bothered to send a letter or anything, but she wasn't surprised.

She needed something to keep her busy, and decided after a few hours of writing she would head down to the Garrison and have a few drinks and talk with grace for a bit.

Small Heath was busy as smoke flew around and fire heated everything, Thomas strutted down the and headed over to the pub as everyone nodded to him while he only kept his head down as he smoked yet another cigarette.