CHAPTER 5. RAINBOW

HIS LITTLE STALKER
rainbow
••

"It's tragic what happened to him" I heard one student tell the other, standing by their locker.

"Yeah and to think that the playoffs are this month" added the other.

The news of Matt's broken arm spread like wildfire in the morning of the new day. The janitor found him screaming his lungs out like a little man bitch, cause of accident?. was a wet floor the janitor reported. Who's the freak now Matty boy.

"Hey" Aven startled me appearing behind me looking cool in a bright blue short sleeve shirt and fitted black jeans topped with black vans and his football jersey. "Uh, I am sure you heard what happened to Matt," he said and I replied with a small nod, his cologne infecting my senses.

Scratching his head he leaned against my locker giving me his magnificent eyes "So I was wondering if you'd like to partner up with me for the project?" he asked and I had to suppress the glorious smile that wanted to make home on my face.

"Ohhh, sorry dude but Alex is already mine" interrupted Toby coming out  from nowhere, draping his arm around my shoulder pulling me close to him. "Maybe you should've thought of this before rejecting him" he added looking down on me with his signature smirk and liveliness in his nut-brown eyes.

"Yeah I guess, I am sorry for asking you like this, I just don't want to fail this project" he sighed sounding sad and out of options. "I'll see you around I guess" and off he sauntered with his head down.

"Can you imagine that guy, just because he's some hotshot around here he thinks people will just fall at his feet" stated Toby with an annoyed expression.

I'd give anything to fall at his feet though.

"Yeah you are right but you didn't have to be soo mean to him" my tone was sort of protective towards Aven and by Toby's sudden brow lift he must've caught onto something.

"Do you like him or something?"

"No" that lie was soo transparent that Toby burst out laughing shaking his head.

"Look here pretty boy, Aven is straight and taken, it'll only cause you nothing but pain to hope for something that won't ever happen" he affirmed his words punching my shoulder before walking off. 

"What's up with you and that Toby guy," asked Jessie finally acknowledging my existence and our "friendship"  during history class.

"What do you mean," I asked watching her take a seat next to me.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Don't play dumb with me Alex, are you two like a thing?" she asked looking back at Toby who was deep in conversation with his table partner.

If I wasn't sure I'd say she sounded hurt or jealous.

"And where did you get that idea from, Toby is just my project partner and I am pretty sure he's straight, cocky a straight," I told her watching relief of same sort wash over her gorgeous face. "And no offense to you but I'd never date a white boy"

"mmm okay" I knew that smile very well and I've seen it before.

"okay class please turn to page three," said the teacher.